Manager (CPA designated)- Calgary, AB
by Executive Solutions | 21.12.20 | 18:20
Our client, a professional integrated team of Canadian and US lawyers and Accountants, is in search of a Manager to join their growing team. This is an excellent opportunity for continue development of your skills while influencing the development of junior staff. You will work with new clients and industries, expanding your internal and external networks and become a key member in the growth of their practice. The key focus is helping private clients, business owners and entrepreneurs to grow and build thriving enterprises.
What You Will Do
- As a lead member you will work closely with the Partners on tax planning initiatives and requirements
- Provide both technical and project management to team members for Canadian and US Corporate Tax planning projects or assignments.
- Provide advice to optimize clients’ tax savings in the context of one-off Canada-US cross border transactions, ongoing effective tax rate management, etc.
- Apply specialized knowledge to anticipate, identify and address issues relevant to clients’ businesses.
- Prepare or assist in the preparation of presentation materials and written publications.
- Responsible for tax research on US issues.
- Lead small and medium sized client engagements.
- Work closely with other members of the team on tax planning work for clients.
- Plan and organize teams for the preparation of tax returns and conducting and presenting tax research.
- Advise on planning opportunities, tax minimization strategies, and compliance issues.
- Become part of the tax engagement team in servicing the planning and compliance needs of clients.
What You Bring to The Role
- Minimum 5 years specializing in Tax in a public accounting firm.
- A professional, and/or, accounting designation (BCL, LLB, LLM, CPA, CMA, CA)
- Completion of the in-depth Tax Course.
- Understanding of clients’ businesses, challenges, and opportunities; clients describe you as engaged, professional, and delivering high-quality work.
- Ability to identify, recommend, and are focused on effective service delivery
- An unwavering drive for continued learning and professional development.
- You are client service focused, display strong problem solving, analytical, and communication skills (excellent people skills).
- Dedication and strong work ethic
- Ability to research and write utilizing electronic tax tools.
- Process and procedure implementation and streamlining and improve efficiencies.
- Negotiation skills to effectively identify common ground and potential solutions that are beneficial to all parties.
If you meet all of the above requirements, live in the Calgary area and are legally eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship, please send your resume to: email@example.com