Tax Manager – Mississauga, Ontario
by Executive Solutions | 14.09.20 | 13:43
Are you a self-starter, hungry to make a contribution to a growing and dynamic firm? Do you obsess over finding ways to help your clients save tax money? Are you passionate about teaching others? Do you want to be a valuable and valued resource for a solid group of enthusiastic and dedicated accounting professionals? If your answer is YES!!! to all of the above, you might just be the super-star we are looking for.
Our client, a boutique accounting firm in Mississauga, Ontario is in search of a tax guru with a solid understanding of Canadian income tax and experience in personal, corporate, trust, estate and partnership tax compliance and planning matters. The successful individual will act as a resource to the firm’s partners, staff and clients in pursuit of delivering excellence to their clients. Their clients come from all industries and all sizes. This breadth of the client base requires expertise in all things tax. We guarantee that no day will be the same as the last in this role – one day you plan a tax re-organization, the next day, you help staff through a complicated tax return, the next you prepare a personal tax return yourself. If you enjoy being bored, this is not the role for you. We have laid out some of the performance expectations below but, to be honest, sky is the limit – if you find a way to make the firm better – just do it!
- Conduct quality control review of tax returns prepared by staff and partners.
- Identify and address corporate and associated personal tax issues and opportunities, including compensation planning, income splitting, loss utilization, etc.
- Identify and mitigate tax risk.
- Provide plain English recommendations on organizational structure, use of Family Trusts and tax planning opportunities.
- Improve tax preparation and quality control processes and implement best practices.
- Manage and coordinate tax audits and CRA correspondence.
- Assist with voluntary disclosure applications.
- Assist in preparation or detailed review of complex income tax returns (personal, trust and corporate).
- Conduct tax research.
- Stay abreast of tax changes and consider their impact on the firm’s client.
- Communicate and share tax developments through blogs and newsletters.
- Develop and conduct internal staff training sessions.
- Manage own schedule to ensure client reporting deadlines are met.
- Create time efficiencies and managing multiple deadlines.
- Contribute to our positive team dynamic with all levels of staff and management.
- Develop respect-based relationships with clients and team members.
- Canadian Accounting Designation (CPA).
- Successful completion of the CPA Canada In-Depth Tax Course Levels 1 and 2, or Masters of Taxation.
- Minimum of one year in a tax manager role in public practice dealing with owner-managed clients.
- Three to four years of experience with Canadian tax (US tax a plus).
- A background in tax compliance and accounting for income tax for all types of tax returns.
- Experience in issues relevant to owner-managed businesses.
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to multi-task and manage a demanding workload and multiple deadlines.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to coach and develop team members.
- Proficiency in CaseWare, Profile (or equivalent tax software), CCH IntelliConnect and Microsoft Office.
- A sense of humour with an ability to laugh at yourself.
If this job description speaks your language, and you believe this is the role for you, send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org