by Executive Solutions | 28.01.19 | 15:43
Our client is in search of a customer service-driven Staff Accountant to join their team. The ideal candidate will have experience in a public practice firm and a background in accounting, financial statement preparation and tax preparation. They will be a forward thinker and problem solver, who is determined to strive for their team and get the job done.
Key Characteristics for success in this role are:
- Customer service driven approach
- Forward thinking
- Organization and scheduling of multiple tasks
- Effective communication skills
Key Responsibilities of this role are:
- Completion of small to mid-sized compilation engagements. Challenge all aspects of these engagements, including tax planning, financial statement disclosures, etc.
- Preparation of sections or entire review engagements, including management of time budgets and deadlines.
- Participate in advanced tax planning for corporate groups.
- Perform ASPE and tax research, as required for various projects.
- Participate in unique client projects, as they arise.
- Preparation of corporate and personal tax returns, trust returns, and T4/T5 slips.
- Preparation of GST returns and payroll calculations.
- Perform bookkeeping procedures, as required.
- Be aware of engagement deadlines and be prepared to contribute to the meeting of engagement deadlines through overtime, if necessary.
- Stay up-to-date on firm policies and procedures.
- Participate in professional development sessions.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Successful completion of an accounting program (i.e. MRU, SAIT)
- 1-2 years of recent public practice experience.
- Proficiency in CaseWare, JazzIt, Profile, Sage Accounting and QuickBooks.
- Strong analytical, technical and time-management skills.
If your background matches that of which our client is in search for, and you believe this is the perfect role for you, send your resume to: email@example.com