Sr. Accountant (Manufacturing) – Calgary, AB
by Executive Solutions | 06.01.20 | 16:55
Our client, a leader in metal fabrication, is looking for a Sr. Accountant to join their team. In this role you will have responsibility for Financial Reporting and Analysis, Special Projects, Monthly & Year-End Financial statements along with general accounting duties.
The Sr. Accountant reports directly to the Controller with reporting to the Executives. You will have 5-7 years’ experience, with your CPA designation (at least 2 years), and you will have manufacturing industry with strong knowledge of operational accounting.
Core Competencies/Responsibilities for this will include:
- Review and update of standard costing practices;
- Produce accurate and timely monthly and year-end financial statements in accordance with ASPE;
- Execute monthly management reporting package for the executive team including KPI’s, and revenue analysis;
- Work closely with the Operations group, ensuring a full understanding of KPIs;
- Responsible for forecasts and budgets, fixed asset processing and reporting and inventory management;
- Tax filings, payroll entries, and all general accounting functions necessary.
Qualifications and Education:
- MINIMUM of five years’ experience in a similar role within a manufacturing environment;
- CPA designation – this is MANDATORY (with at least 2 years under your belt);
- Solid operational accounting knowledge and hands-on experience;
- Advance Excel skills would be a definite asset;
- Analytical by nature with strong attention to detail;
- This is a team environment where you will be required to work across a diverse group and the expectation that you will pitch in where, and when, needed.
- Collaborative and open to ideas from others.
If you meet this criteria, live in the Calgary area and are legally eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship please forward your resume: firstname.lastname@example.org