Sr. Accountant – Calgary, AB
by Executive Solutions | 03.03.21 | 15:40
Our client, an Alberta based Pharmacy conglomerate with over 20 locations throughout the province is looking to add a Sr. Accountant to their team. In this role you will work closely with both the Controller and the Vice President of Finance, as well as with a small team of accounting clerks. You will be the go-to within the department and take an organic leadership role.
Your success in this role will be rooted in your vast experiences and your attitude of no job is outside your scope. Some of the key aspects of this role are:
- Performing monthly, quarterly and annual activities including P&L reporting for 20 locations.
- Completing monthly balance sheet and income statements.
- Completing GST filing and WCB adherence.
- Responsibility for producing monthly management reporting package for the executive team including KPI’s, revenue analysis, and various other reporting as required
- Ownership of the accounts receivable and accounts payable functions and related accounting processes, including oversight of staff.
- Budgeting and forecasting.
- Fixed asset processing and reporting.
- Inventory management.
- Tax filings (GST/PST, Installments).
- Cash management and analysis.
- Analyzing trends, costs, revenue, financial commitments and obligations to predict future revenue and expenses.
- Analyzing and report on the financial status including budget review and analysis.
- Improving systems and procedures and initiate corrective actions.
- Working with Supply Chain to execute short-term plans to source, qualify and manage suppliers, developing a collaborative relationship with stakeholders and suppliers.
- Analyzing various options for Capex and provide recommendations to Leadership.
- Promoting communication between colleagues for the benefit of information flow and curb any problems that arise.
- Working closely with the Controller and VP Finance to review and update standard accounting practices.
Key contributing factors to your success will include:
- 5-7 years’ experience in a similar role.
- CPA designation required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Business or similar.
- SAGE 300 expertise EXTREMELY desirable.
- Extensive knowledge of Canadian GAAP.
- Advanced computer skills in Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent organization, problem-solving, project management and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment. Self-starter with the ability to interact and support and mentor colleagues and others.
- Experience in a retail environment and understanding of POS (ideally AutoStar/Starlink).
- Advanced level understanding of Excel is an asset.
- Strong communication skills.
- Self-starter able to work and collaborate in a team environment.
- Excellent analytical skills and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to function as a team player.
If you meet the criteria set out above, live in the Calgary area and are legally eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship please submit your resume: email@example.com