Senior Relationship Manager – Medicine Hat
by Executive Solutions | 03.12.18 | 8:32
Our client, a reputable Alberta credit union that values community engagement, social responsibility, and service leadership, as an immediate need for the services of a Senior Relationship Manager Team Lead in their Medicine Hat office. This position is primarily accountable for the development/administration, and management of a commercial loan and deposit portfolio. In this role there is a strong emphasis on coaching, leading, loan administration, sales, service, member advice and growth.
The Sr. Relationship Manager works closely with the Regional Manager Business Banking, exercising proactive judgement for sales and business development, cultivating strong working relationships with the retail branch network, local business owners, members of the professional community, and potential partners.
This position is also accountable for the analysis and approval/recommendation of commercial credit applications and team portfolio within the designated territory. The Senior Relationship Manager Team Lead may, indirectly, be accountable for the management of specific larger/senior credits within the unit.
- Assist in the training, motivation and guidance of staff to ensure high quality service
- Assist the Regional Manager Business Banking to manage the team’s lending and deposit activities
- Develop and maintain effective sales and marketing efforts to maximize growth, and sales of peripheral products
- Provide proactive advice to business members
- Maintain a high profile and professional image in the business and social communities
- Develop and submit renewal applications, and prepare consolidated information for reporting purposes
- Ensure negotiable and non-negotiable collateral security is obtained and maintained
- Provide input on the recommendation of loan policies and procedures
- Direct junior staff members in the structure, negotiations and submission of credit applications; evaluate requests based on policy, risk and profitability
- Ensure vigorous pursuit to collect problem commercial and agricultural loans
Key skills and core competencies
- Understand and use relevant legislation, policies, procedures, and/or standards
- Provide product and service-related information, advice, and assistance
- Understand and apply organizational sales processes to enhance product portfolio
- Evaluate, authorize, or recommend the approval of commercial, real estate, or credit loans
- Analyze financial data (e.g., cash flow statements, balance sheets, income statements) to calculate ratios and to compare financial indices of one company against those of another company (or against the original company’s own historical performance)
- Build and maintain professional and caring relationships and networks
- Communicate in an effective manner that fosters open communication
- Prevent, manage, and resolve conflict with a focus on courage and persuasion
- Question conventional approaches, explore alternatives, and respond to challenges with creative solutions or services
- Foster the development of self and others by enhancing performance and professional growth
- Lead and support others to achieve results, with a focus on directing work, ensuring accountability, and driving results that support the company’s vision
- Complete performance plans with business banking employees
- Foster a positive/supportive team relationship with retail branches in the area
- Demonstrated ability in all facets of credit granting and sales of business banking products over a 7- to 10-year period
- Demonstrated business development skills, analytical abilities, and a sound knowledge of portfolio management acquired through the administration of a business portfolio
- Experience working and developing relationships with members, potential members, influential community people, and staff
- Experience in effectively leading a team (management experience)
Education and training:
- University degree in a business discipline or sufficient experience in lieu of education
- Specific trade and industry certifications TBC
Other special requirements necessary to do the job:
- Weekend or shift work, available to travel, and other requirements as needed.
- The business may from time to time ask for branch and/or department support for special projects and/or areas experiencing staff shortages.
- All employees may be asked to volunteer to assist in areas of need during these times.
- These assignments could result in a change of hours, location, and/or travel.
If you meet the criteria set out above, are living in the Medicine Hate area (or are willing to relocate), and are legally eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship, please send your resume to: email@example.com