Senior Payroll Specialist – Calgary, AB (remote)
by Executive Solutions | 26.04.21 | 15:21
Are you looking for a career move that would see you aligned with a pioneer in their industry?
Do the words “trail blazing”, “pioneer” and “innovation” resonate with you and ignite passion in you for an employer with whom you’d want to be associated?
Do you also have extensive hands-on working knowledge of UltiPro?
If you answered “YES!” we may just have the career opportunity for you!
We are working with a pioneer in their industry to bring on a Sr. Payroll Specialist to their Canadian team. In this role you will process payroll (using UltiPro) for employees across Canada, both unionized and non-union, weekly, bi- weekly and bi-monthly payroll (for both salaried and hourly employees); prior to COVID the number of employees was upwards of 1000!
Reporting to the North American Payroll Manager, the Senior Payroll Specialist is responsible for ensuring accurate processing of hourly and salary payroll, payroll reports, and assuring compliance with all applicable federal and provincial legislation in Canada, as well as adherence to company policies. Our ideal candidate will offer expressive communication skills, a continuous improvement mindset, in addition to strong problem-solving abilities. This is truly an awesome role to work within a close-knit team, & support and mentor a junior payroll assistant.
- Process weekly, bi-weekly & semi-monthly payroll for Canadian locations (7 total)
- Review timesheets and audit data to ensure compliance with company policies and employment standards.
- Complete all payroll-related functions, including coordinating timely transmission of all standard and non-standard payments
- Completing year-end processes and reporting requirements including tax forms (T4, T4 summary and T2200), stock option benefit plan and other taxable benefits
- Reconcile and prepare required payroll remittances for all government and non-government related bodies
- Keeping taxable benefit calculations up to date in payroll system and ensuring they agree to benefits reconciliation
- Act as the Canadian Payroll Subject Matter Expert, responding to inquiries from management and employees and providing guidance and recommendations
- Manage and administer employee benefit and pension plans.
- Work closely with the Human Resources team to ensure all employee payroll information is correct and up to date (increment increases, retroactive pay, pay adjustments, etc.)
- Ensure employee confidence by protecting payroll operations and confidential information
- Supports all internal and external audit requirements, assists with year-end balancing and reporting
- Other Payroll functions as required and requested
What you bring to the role:
- A minimum of seven (7) years progressive experience, union & non-union Canadian payroll and benefits
- A post-secondary diploma in accounting, business, human resources or related field.
- PCP/CPM designation
- Experience with UltiPro (at least 2 years)
- Strong organizational and analytical skills and the ability to multi-task to meet tight deadlines while maintaining attention to detail and accuracy
- High service orientation while maintaining confidentiality in all aspects
- Superior interpersonal abilities
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Ability to manage large volume within strict deadlines with a high level of accuracy
- Effective written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Advanced skills developing and maintaining process management (SOPs)
- You understand the importance and interdependence of internal customer relationships
Please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org