Senior Manager, Business Consulting – Edmonton, AB
by Executive Solutions | 19.11.19 | 14:28
The Senior Manager, Business Consulting is an integral member of the executive management team, reporting directly to the President. In this capacity you will direct operational performance, sales management, and marketing for open franchises in Canada, while also working alongside the Vice President of Development and Operations to support the growth of the franchise system in Canada.
You will also have responsibility for the development and execution of policies and strategies to support corporate objectives and the long-term growth of existing franchise partners. This influence will include improving franchisee economics, membership growth, and customer satisfaction; along with enhancing the overall service model to maximize effectiveness and alignment with established policies.
The Senior Manager, Business Consulting’s core responsibilities will be:
- Streamline and optimize operational processes to ensure efficiency;
- Manage and align all resources, including technology and people, to support strategic corporate objectives;
- Serve as an official representative of the organization in negotiations and other capacities as required;
- Responsible for driving achievement of critical financial targets, including franchise membership sales, renewals, and retention rates in the franchise studios;
- Be a key point of contact for franchisees and support operational activities for the franchise partners, including accurate and timely reporting of required metrics;
- Ensure compliance to the franchise and master franchise agreements;
- Develop strategic management initiatives; offer input and guidance on decisions regarding expansion or cost containment;
- Leverage shared service functions to provide optimum services to franchise partners;
- Collaborate with parallel department heads to define and execute strategic, market expansion programs;
- Ensure responsibilities and accountabilities of all employees are defined, understood, and executed, including ongoing reporting;
- Responsible for monitoring and tracking the progress of all established goals and KPI’s amongst the department heads, while ensuring the distribution of meeting minutes and reports;
- Liaise with Controller and review the company’s financial position overall; examine department-specific financial health/performance, including budgets, cash flow statements, balance sheets, debt information, receivables aging reports, and income statements.
- Assist in identifying new revenue opportunities, drafting prospective programmatic budgets, and determining cost effectiveness of prospective service delivery.
- Work closely other executives to assist in the development of long range plans, company goals, and growth objectives.
The successful candidate will bring the following attributes to the role and to the company:
- Ability to think in an analytical & critical manner – you are known for your creative/innovative solutions
- Stellar communication; verbal & written – even your admin staff marvel at your abilities
- Coaching & staff development – you have a reputation as a leader who brings others along
- Innovation & change leadership – new and innovative ideas are you bag
- Strategic leadership – partnerships and collaboration; that’s second nature
- Relationship management & business development – you’re the person everyone knows (Norm!)
- Operational management – you ARE the big picture thinker
- Financial control – you are just as comfortable discussing the bottom line as you are with discussing the relationship building side of the business
- Negotiation – you are persuasive and can get the deal done, while making everyone feel they’ve won
Career experience and knowledge that will lead to your success in this role:
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a senior-level consulting role
- Bachelor’s degree is required; MBA is an asset.
- Strong experience in the analysis, implementation, and evaluation of IT systems
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines using strong organization skills
- Experience with franchising is an asset
If you meet the requirements set out above, live in the Edmonton area or are willing to relocate and are legally eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship, please forward your resume: email@example.com