Senior Business Development/Account Manager
by Executive Solutions | 05.12.18 | 10:59
Our client works with organizations to develop and coach leaders, engaging and aligning individuals who work together with the goal of building and implementing sustainable solutions that deliver results and operational strategies. As part of their continued growth they are seeking a high performing, strategic business development professional who will excel at fostering and growing relationships with new and existing accounts.
In order to be successful in this role you will bring an entrepreneurial spirit, relevant experience, and a proven track record in business development, sales and account and relationship management. The focus of this role will be on formulating and implementing client-centric sales strategies within key industries with the goal of deepening business relationships and driving top-line revenue growth.
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
- Building, developing and executing sales strategies that align with corporate goals and objectives.
- Building credible relationships within existing accounts and new accounts in order to create, manage, and win new projects and client opportunities.
- Executing the full sales life cycle of business development and account management including: executing a strategic business development sales plan, identifying targeted prospects, meeting with key client decision makers, developing customized proposals for consulting services, and creating and growing long-term client relationships.
- Learning and presenting the value proposition for business solutions and offerings within a specific family of products or within specific industries.
- Delivering exceptional client service by providing customized consulting solutions that help people and teams be successful.
- Establishing confident client focused relationships that fit with the business philosophy of helping people and teams be successful.
- Understanding key objectives for clients and the company, and developing consulting solutions that will meet our clients’ needs and support their success.
- Frequently working with business partners, and consultants to generate sales.
- Working closely with business partners to ensure that the client business and sales strategy is developed, executed, monitored and continually improved.
- Utilizing and accurately updating client database, forecasting, and pipeline management computer systems (CRM).
- Driving targeting efforts across the breadth of a client’s business units and functions.
- Responsible for monthly, quarterly, and annual sales targets/quotas; including regular updates and forecasts to the corporate partners.
- Identifying and influencing key decision-makers at all levels within the client organization.
- Taking a leadership role in the building and coordination of proposals.
- Managing the business relationship with our clients’ Procurement and/or SCM department.
- Coordinating the efforts of business partners and marketing support during the sales process
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Master’s Degree will be considered an asset.
- Consulting experience would be asset.
- 5-10+ years of success in sales, business development and account management.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and keen interest in proactively building and executing a business development strategies.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Clear communication skills with the ability to present complex value propositions to senior executives, clearly articulating the value proposition of the company’s consulting services, projects and products.
- Proven success in solution sales environment, managing complex accounts.
- Demonstrates ability to understand sales barriers and overcome hurdles to close business.
- Customer-oriented approach – we are truly about our clients’ success.
- Demonstrates proactive leadership, performance and ability to sell value through a Consultative Selling approach.
- Ability to develop senior level business relationships (Sr. Manager, General Manager, Director, VP, C-Suite).
- Demonstrated track record of managing account relationships and in securing new business.
- Previous professional services, partner management, or channel sales experience (ideally in the consulting industry).
- Strong organization skills, and high standards of professionalism.
- Experienced in developing project proposals.
- Ability to self-manage and independently deliver results.
- Be a major contributor to the growth of the company, both internally and externally.
If you meet the criteria set out above and are looking for the next step in your career please submit your resume: firstname.lastname@example.org