by Executive Solutions | 16.11.18 | 8:49
Are you a business minded Senior Accountant?
Do you pride yourself on being a strategic and analytical thinker- coming up with innovative and “out of the box” solutions?
Are you the someone who wants to be able to positively influence a business from a financial and business perspective?
Do you want to work for a well established company with a reputation for providing high quality projects delivered with professionalism and integrity?
If your answer to these questions was a fervent “YES!”, then please read through the following requirements and responsibilities and forward your resume.
Accountabilities and Key Functions:
- Manage the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual Financial Statements and Management Discussion and Analysis.
- CRA reporting, source deductions and Payroll.
- WCB – yearly statistics and annual return.
- GST reporting and CRA issues.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts and reconcile to G/L.
- Receive and process vendor invoices using Sage 300.
- Accounts Receivable/Collections.
- Process cheque runs.
- Bank reconciliations, bank deposits.
- Post custom general journal entries.
- Reconcile monthly bank and credit card statements.
- Provide analysis and accounting policy conclusions in relation to complex accounting matters resulting from new accounting standards, acquisitions, financings and other transactions.
- Manage the month end close process including setting the timetable, ensuring the accuracy and completeness of journal entries, and reviewing month end binder and supporting working papers.
- Assist the partners in preparing the annual budget.
- Ensure all databases, policies and procedures are consistent, updated, maintained and improved on.
Education & Position Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration on Accounting.
- A recognized Canadian accounting designation (CPA, CA, CMA, CGA) would be a definite asset. (Progress toward a designation may be considered, when coupled with appropriate, equivalent experience).
- Minimum 10 years recent and proven corporate accounting experience in a dynamic, fast paced, multi-faceted environment.
- Construction industry experience is a definite asset.
- Demonstrated technical expertise, practiced knowledge of accounting standards and proficiency in accounting and financial functions and analysis.
- A sound business acumen and strategic thinking in their approach to accounting functions.
- Strong Excel and Word skills.
- Experience with Sage 300 is beneficial
Personal Characteristics & Skills:
- A critical thinker with the skills and the ability to problem solve.
- Thrives in a rapidly changing environment.
- Capability, and desire, to create or modify processes for new business conditions.
- Highly motivated.
- Ability to contribute and collaborate in an energetic and dynamic team environment.
- Highly detail-oriented with an ability to focus on the ‘big picture’.
Please submit your resume and salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org