Senior Accountant (Assistant to the Controller) – Calgary, AB
by Executive Solutions | 05.10.21 | 15:39
Our large manufacturing client located in the Manchester Industrial area is looking for a seasoned accounting professional to join their team. Reporting directly to the Controller and having supervisory responsibility for a team of 4 employees within the accounting team you will assist with finance and accounting functions (financial reporting, GL account maintenance, preparing financial statements, etc.)
- Manage month and quarter-end processes; with the goal of assessing areas for improvement and implementing those modifications/changes.
- Quarterly and annual Consolidated Financial Statements and Management Discussion and Analysis.
- Manage corporate accounting work papers, consolidation files, EBITDA summary, cash flow proof, trial balance, intercompany eliminations, journal entries, etc.
- Review and manage corporate Balance Sheet.
- Manage consolidated results and perform follow up with divisional operations teams on issues related to their department as it relates to accounting.
- Review, monitor and implement (and enforce) corporate controls.
- Review current accounting policies and suggest improvements to streamline policies, controls and actively determine gaps and root causes of issues.
- Be an advocate for a culture of continuous improvement.
- 10+ years accounting experience
- Accounting degree from an accredited North American post secondary institution – A MUST
- Accounting designation (CPA, CA, CGA)
- Experience working with a mid to large cap private company with multi-currency subsidiaries
- Public accounting experience would be an asset, but not mandatory
- Working knowledge of cost accounting in manufacturing
- Activity Based Costing
- Excellent controllership and technical accounting skills
- Ability to proactively identify and understand issues/problems
- Strong process improvement skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to clearly and succinctly explain complex accounting issues and processes key stakeholders
- Excellent advanced Word and Excel skills, comfortable working with large volumes of data
- Strong people leader and team player with ability to motivate teams (both within the Accounting department and throughout the corporation)
- Enthusiastic and committed to getting the job done while meeting deadlines in a fast paced, high-performing environment. Willing to “roll up sleeves” and focus on execution and meeting challenging targets
Please ensure you meet the criteria set out above prior to submitting your resume. You MUST reside within the Calgary area and be eligible for work in Canada without the need for sponsorship. Apply by submitting your credentials to: firstname.lastname@example.org