Recreation Coordinator – Calgary, AB
by Executive Solutions | 27.09.21 | 16:39
Our client, located in Calgary’s SE, a private, not-for-profit Residents’ Association is adding to their team; if you are a Graduate in Recreation and Sport this could be a GREAT opportunity!
With a community building that offers a versatile space for recreation activities, meetings, events and rental space, they boast a 125-seating capacity Banquet Hall that is absolutely BEAUTIFUL and PERFECT for weddings, anniversaries and birthday parties, and also offers a large gymnasium, excellent for floor hockey, basketball and other indoor activities.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Recreation Coordinator role is multi-faceted one where you will work with a team that all have a diverse, complimentary and unique range of skills. The Recreation Coordinator is responsible for all aspects of day-to-day recreational programming for all ages, special interest classes, social groups and seasonal day camps. The Recreation Coordinator is responsible for planning and developing inclusive opportunities for sport and recreation, as well as promoting a healthy lifestyle for all community residents.
The Recreation Coordinator is responsible for administrative and programming functions including:
- Schedule all recreation activities into recreation software (Ivrnet Central)
- Plan and develop seasonal recreation schedule
- Recommend, develop and implement overall recreation strategies, plans and policies
- Fiscally responsible programming: instructors, enrollment, equipment, supplies
- Hire instructors, negotiate, write, distribute and collect contracts; monitor and evaluate class instruction
- Research recreation programs, evaluate their effectiveness, and identify areas where new programs are needed
- Ongoing database analysis of class registration numbers
- Processing class enrollment/assist with customer account issues
- Create marketing and advertising content via web postings, social media, publications, posters, boulevard signs, brochures, and guides
- Coordination of Day Camps including hiring Camp Coordinator and setting camp
- Manage customer relations regarding recreation refunds, suggestions, complaints,
- Maintain inventory of fitness/gymnasium equipment
- Provide support as needed in other areas of the
- A certificate or degree related to Recreation & Sport such as: Ecotourism and Outdoor Leadership; Recreation; Sport and Tourism; Adventure Tourism, etc.
- 2-4 years of experience in the recreation & sport industry or related combination of education and experience
- Advanced knowledge: MS Office, Outlook, and Publisher
- Experience using recreation management software is an asset (Ivrnet Central)
- Poster creation, design and social media skills are necessary
- Excellent written & verbal communication, organizational, customer service skills
- Strong planning and leadership skills, with the ability to create and adapt to change
- Current CPR Level C & First Aid; Criminal record check is required
- Valid Alberta Driver’s license
- Must be physically fit and able to lift over 20 kilograms
- Ability to work with a flexible work schedule (some evenings and weekends)
If you meet the criteria set out above, live in the Calgary area and are legally eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship, please apply: email@example.com