QA/QC Manager – Steel Pipe Fabrication Facility
by Executive Solutions | 12.04.19 | 8:52
The QA/QC Manager will have responsibility for implementing and maintaining the corporate quality control and NDE/NDT programs and ensuring all finished products meet internal quality control standards, applicable codes and customer specifications. You will also be responsible for managing and training QC Inspectors so they are all compliant with all applicable codes including internal and customer specifications.
- Act as a liaison with ABSA, and client inspectors as well as a liaison between the QC Inspectors, NDE/NDT department and management.
- Manage a technical quality team to ensure internal process validation, calibration, inspection and coordination of over third party laboratory testing, work orders, results and reports.
- Maintain updated in-house welding procedures for ASME and CWB.
- Communicate daily with department heads to ensure effective operations, ensure all drawings and quality control documents are approved prior to being issued to the floor.
- Oversee and report on quality related performance indicators
- Identify issues and participate in continuous improvements efforts.
- Interface with sales, engineering, materials and manufacturing to drive solutions and improvements.
- Interface with engineering, sales and customers to effectively close the loop on warranty matters.
- Respond to corrective/preventative action, cost reduction requests and audit requirements.
- Participate in analysis, planning and implementation of new products and processes.
- Maintain and improve the administration of quality records and databases
- Ensure compliance to ISO 9001 Quality Management System requirements and support overall Business Management System
- Coach and develop a quality team including formal performance evaluation, management and improvement
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the Alberta Oil and Gas Industry; Manufacturing, Quality Control. Possession of a WET or CET Diploma would be an asset
- Strong leadership skills combined with a commitment to health and safety.
- Working knowledge of ISO9001 and ISO 14001.
- CWB Inspection Cert Level II or higher and/or Weld Examiner Cert would be an asset.
- Working knowledge of applicable codes and standards and be able to train QC Inspectors to meet requirements of same.
- Must be comfortable making quick decisions, working in a fast-paced environment, and implementing necessary corrective action.
- Effective interface and communication skills to work with internal and external customers/suppliers.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical drawings, standards, procedures, lab reports.
- Attention to detail with strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Solutions focused with a commitment to continuous improvement.
- Technical understanding of Quality and Manufacturing methods.
- Metallurgical and Mechanical experience considered an asset.
If you meet the criteria set out above, live in the Calgary area and are legally eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship forward your resume: email@example.com