Property Administrator/Accounting Technician – Calgary, AB
by Executive Solutions | 03.02.21 | 9:34
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the Property Administrator/Accounting Technician is a key member of the team. You will be responsible for the overall accounting and administration for a portfolio of properties that include commercial and residential rentals. Your success in this role will hinge on your ability to develop and foster positive relationships with owners, tenants and co-workers; ensuring excellent service is provided to internal and external clients.
Our client, a well-established and respected, Property Development and Leasing company is looking for another FANTASTIC team member. In this role you will work with a group of driven, dedicated professionals who put their clients’ needs at the top of their priorities. Respect and diplomacy are two of their main core values in conducting business.
What you will have responsibility for (the job Function):
- Preparing monthly financial statements and annual budgets.
- Preparing annual common area maintenance (CAM) reconciliations for commercial tenants.
- Monitoring & resolving accounts payable and accounts receivable issues.
- Reviewing, coding and posting of A/P invoices
- Preparing and reconciling bank deposits and monthly bank reconciliations.
- Performing financial & variance analysis reports.
- Responding to inquiries from owners as it related to financials or cash flow.
- Following up with clients on outstanding or NSF rental payments.
- Creating ad hoc reports and complete special projects.
- Fostering a team environment of continuous improvement focused on innovation and best practices.
- Providing overall support required for management team as it relates to accounting, leasing and minor administration tasks
Additional Expectations and Deliverables:
- Practice and adhere to company policies and standards.
- Conduct business with the highest levels of personal, professional and ethical conduct.
- Perform or assist with any operations as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules. Notify management and/or those in a position of authority of unusual equipment or operating problems and the need for additional material and supplies.
- Participate with the entire team to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, policies, and regulatory guidelines.
- Follow all policies and Standard Operating Procedures as instructed by Management.
Experience and Toolbox (what will add to your success)”
- Minimum of 6-8 years’ experience in rental/commercial property management accounting.
- Ideally have an accounting designation, or be in the process of pursuing this.
- Excellent analytical skills with keen attention to detail.
- Experience providing excellent customer service in a demanding environment.
- Well organized, resourceful and able to meet deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word.
If you meet the criteria set out above, live in the Calgary area and are legally eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship please forward your resume: firstname.lastname@example.org