by Executive Solutions | 29.07.20 | 13:14
Our client is in search of a Property Accountant for their Calgary office. As a member of their Property Accounting team, you will develop and foster positive relationships with owners, tenants and co-workers by ensuring excellent service is provided to internal and external clients. You are a team player, proactive and able to adapt quickly. You possess a friendly and outgoing attitude with excellent communication skills.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain Property Accountant’s procedure manual and ensure processes kept current and in accordance with company best practices.
- Prepare annual budgets and monthly financial statements for assigned mix portfolio of rental & commercial properties.
- Prepare annual common area maintenance (CAM) reconciliations for commercial tenants.
- Monitor & resolve any accounts payable and commercial accounts receivable issues.
- Perform financial & variance analysis reports as directed.
- Respond to financial or cash flow inquiries of owners.
- Calculate monthly “final” management fee adjustments and “owners distribution”.
- Liaison with client’s external auditors as required.
- Create ad hoc reports and completing special projects as required.
- Foster a team environment of continuous improvement focused on innovation and best practice.
- Possess the ability to train and support new and existing property accountants.
- Conduct business at all times with the highest standards of personal, professional and ethical conduct.
- Perform or assist with any operations as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules. Notify supervision of unusual equipment or operating problems and the need for additional material and supplies.
- May participate in any variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, policies, and regulatory guidelines.
- Ensure all safety precautions are followed while performing the work.
- Follow all policies and Standard Operating Procedures as instructed by Management.
- Perform any range of special projects, tasks and other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience required:
- Solid accounting experience, commercial property management experience is a definite asset
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
- Experience providing excellent customer service in a demanding environment
- Excellent analytical skills with keen attention to detail
- Well organized, resourceful and able to meet deadlines
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Minimum of (3) year of rental/commercial property management experience is required but preference is for (5) or more years of related experience.
If you meet all of the requirements and believe this role would be a great fit for you, send your resume to: email@example.com