Project Manager (Multi-family Wood Construction) – Calgary, AB
by Executive Solutions | 10.11.21 | 14:52
The Project Manager is responsible for the entire successful execution of a project. Their primary responsibilities are to plan, direct, coordinate, and budget activities concerned with the construction of a variety of project types. The Project Manager shall also participate in the conceptual development of a construction project and oversee its organization, estimating, scheduling, and implementation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide leadership and management to the site team, establish & maintain high staff morale, and model sound leadership and teamwork.
- During the pre-construction phase, attend design meetings, continuously evaluate the materials and products being proposed for constructability and feasibility.
- Oversee the preparation of estimates for the conceptual, schematics, and design development stages.
- Initiate and coordinate the full design team efforts in the value engineering processes.
- Assure that the goals of the project are implemented and completed.
- Schedule the project in logical steps and budget time required to meet deadlines.
- Determine labour requirements and dispatch workers to construction sites.
- Inspect and review projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes, and other regulations.
- Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to all stakeholders and their representatives.
- Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes, and additions to contractual agreements.
- Obtain all necessary permits and licenses.
- Study job specifications to determine appropriate construction means and methods.
- Solicit, negotiate, select, contract, and oversee subcontractors related to the project.
- Requisition supplies and materials to complete construction projects.
- Prepare and submit budget estimates and progress and cost tracking reports.
- Develop and implement quality control programs.
- Take actions to deal with the results of delays, bad weather, or emergencies at construction site.
- Plan, organize, and direct activities related to the all aspects of the project.
- Investigate damage, accidents, or delays at construction sites.
- Evaluate construction means and methods to determine cost-effectiveness.
- During the warranty phase, assist Owner with warranty claims and service. Perform 1-year walk-through of facility and facilitate 1‐year punch list creation. Closeout warranty phase.
- Enhance the company’s reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Be an advocate for the project team and facilitate availability of services and materials.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- A positive attitude and willingness to equip and encourage co-workers.
- Excellent ability to use critical thinking and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternate solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Excellent communications skills and abilities.
- Established credibility and integrity.
- Experience in supervising large multi-family construction projects.
- The ability to set priorities and exercise flexibility where necessary
- The willingness to accept other job responsibilities as needed.
- Diplomacy to help diffuse any issues raised by neighbouring properties, creating win-win opportunities.
- Thorough knowledge of all facets of construction process and scopes of work.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, schematics, and construction documents.
- Understanding of proper safety procedures and recognition of hazards.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows, Excel, and other construction software.
- Ability to critically look at craftsmanship.
- The ability to supervise numerous crews handling a variety of tasks.
- Knowledge of building codes governing the project (AB, BC, SK).
- Minimum of 10 years of Multi-Family Residential and/or Commercial construction experience.
- Extensive knowledge of all phases of construction operations in all aspects, including:
- Field activities
- All project engineering disciplines
- All construction technologies
- Project Management
- A degree in construction management preferred, but not required
- Strong knowledge of MS Project, Word, Excel and familiar with Project Management software programs.
Please ensure you meet the criteria set out above prior to submitting your resume. You MUST reside within the Calgary area and be eligible for work in Canada without the need for sponsorship. Apply by submitting your credentials to: email@example.com