Professional Services Office Coordinator – Calgary, AB
by Executive Solutions | 18.06.20 | 15:40
Our client is on the look out for their new Office Coordinator. This is a role that requires TREMENDOUS attention to detail, a balance of assertiveness/confidence and caring/kindness.
Your role will be defined by two overlapping, but distinct, areas of responsibility: clerical/administrative support and office management. In your day-to-day work, you will be providing a wide variety of support to a group of 6 professionals who will be both in the office and working remotely.
Who you are:
- You bring confidence and assertiveness – you know how to get results without damaging relationships in the process.
- You are kind and caring – you are truly the “Office Mum”
- You are a KEEN eye for details – NOTHING gets past you, you are a stickler for doing it right!
- You are known for being a grammar queen/king – poor sentence structure and improper use of vocabulary is your pet peeve!
- You thrive in an office setting where you are the hub – everything runs through you and you know exactly what is going on at all times!
- You are a steady eddy – longevity in a job means AT LEAST 5 years!
- You are academic – you’ve either excelled in the pursuit of further education or you have experience working within academia.
Where you’ll work:
Our client is a group of mental health professionals, who take great pride in the work they do! They have HIGH standards and expect those around them to embrace the same. This is a small office with a fairly relaxed atmosphere (they have an office dog – so if your allergic this isn’t the place for you!).
You’ll be responsible for running the show from an administrative perspective:
- Light accounting functions (reconciliation of accounts, invoicing, A/P, health care expense processing and bank deposits),
- Reception duties,
- technical report writing (based on the notes of the practitioners),
- Administration and scoring of psychological tests (training WILL be provided for this function),
- Office management – liaising with sub-contractors, ordering of office supplies, day-to-day running of the office.
- A MINIMUM of 5 years’ experience running an office,
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in an administrative support position – IDEALLY in academia or in the medical profession,
- You MUST demonstrate a keen eye for the details,
- A strong desire to help those around you,
- The ability to anticipate the needs of those your support (based on past experiences),
- A strong, but not overbearing, personality,
- A willingness to learn and to take feedback on how improvements could be made.
- Entrepreneurship: willingness to identify and initiate value-added programs that create cost savings or develop new revenue streams. (Incentive structure to be provided for same).
This is a temporary-to-permanent position with a wage range of $20-$25/hour, working approximately 37.5 hours/week.
If you meet the criteria set out above, please submit your resume and wage/salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org