Payroll Manager – 3 month contract
by Executive Solutions | 17.06.19 | 10:51
Our Oil & Gas Service Company client is seeking a Senior Payroll Manager/Specialist for an IMMEDIATE START!
The Payroll Specialist is responsible for full cycle payroll performing a variety of functions related to collecting, verifying, and processing of payroll, including time entry, keying of terminations or new hires, salary adjustments, completing W2s, T4s and any other year-end responsibilities for Canada (AB, BC, SK, MAN. and U.S. This role also responds as needed to employee questions concerning payroll matters. The Payroll Specialist may also be required to calculate special adjustments (bonuses, commissions, advances, etc.) and conduct payroll analysis as needed.
- Ensure bi-weekly payroll is processed timely and accurately; ensuring with compliance with local, state, provincial and federal laws.
- Responsible for controlling timely and accurate payroll input through Avanti.
- Responsible for answering and investigating payroll questions from employees, management, human resources and accounting inquiries in a timely and professional manner, communicating out any issues as appropriate.
- Reconciles, edits and audits discrepancies, preparing manual checks when appropriate.
- Ensures compliance with company policy and procedures.
- Works closely with Human Resources on all changes to employee files and verify changes are appropriately reflected in the payroll system.
- Responsible for creating and distributing accurate reports to accounting, management and field personnel in a timely and organized manner.
- Responsible for meeting all deadlines, including bi-weekly payroll processing, benefits, month and year end and audit requirements.
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations and assist Accounting as needed with all other account reconciliations.
- Assist with analyzing financial statements on a monthly basis and report variances.
- Assist with financial and tax audits.
- Prepares reports for 3rd party remittances, auditing garnishments, tax levies, child support payments, etc. for payment, and deductions.
- Prepares periodic reports of earning, taxes and deductions.
- Audits, reports and maintains accruals and allocations.
- Works with internal and external customers on requests for information.
- Coordinate special projects, including system/product updates and automated time keeping system.
- Must handle a fluctuating workload while ensuring quality is maintained.
Knowledge, Education, Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum ten years’ experience with general ledger and payroll processing is required.
- Advanced computer skills and aptitude, including payroll database management and proficiency with MS Office Suite applications is required, in particular Excel.
- Working knowledge of Avanti is preferred.
- Oil and gas experience would be an asset.
- PCP designation is required, CPM is preferred.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have strong self-initiative skills and a process-orientation background.
- Able to multi-task and manage projects simultaneously.
- Supervisory experience a definite asset.