Payroll and Benefits Administrator
by Executive Solutions | 21.01.19 | 11:05
Our client, located in the SE of Calgary, is seeking a Payroll and Benefits Administrator to join their Human Resource and Payroll team. Reporting to the HR Manager, the Payroll and Benefits Administrator is responsible for the timely and accurate processing of the entirety of payroll and benefits activities for multiple business units, including compliance with applicable laws, agreements & contracts, payroll reporting & processing and systems enhancements. The chosen candidate will welcome the opportunity to grow and challenge themselves when facing obstacles, as well as have the ability to adapt as the environment or project evolves. The ability to take initiative and proactively tackle problems, and think outside the box for creative solutions in support of the team is essential for the role. The nature of this role requires someone who has strong administrative skills, exceptional attention to detail, is comfortable in a fast paced, high volume work environment with quick turnaround times, and often simultaneous deadlines.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Full-cycle bi-weekly payroll and benefits administration for seven payrolls comprised of salary and hourly employees.
- Remittance and reporting of all statutory and benefit payments and remittances in compliance with regulations and contractual requirements.
- Preparation, review and filing of year-end documentation and process (T4 and T5 reporting, PIER reports).
- Recommends, develops and implements payroll and benefits practices and procedures and ensures that these are documented and accurate.
- Maintains payroll systems and related interfaces (time entry, HRIS, accounting, external service providers).
- Administers payroll and benefits payments, journal entries and billings.
- Prepares, reports and tracks changes to payroll, benefit and government compliance issues.
- Identifies and maintains payroll reports and metrics.
- Demonstrates a commitment to continuous learning by keeping up to date with changes in payroll, taxation and other compliance issues.
- Manages and reports on payroll audit procedures for both internal and external audits.
- Manage and maintain payroll records in compliance with applicable federal and provincial legislation.
- Mentoring of payroll and benefits staff.
- 7-10 years full cycle payroll experience
- Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) designation is essential. A Certified Payroll Manager (CPM) designation is highly desirable.
- Comprehensive understanding of payroll legislation, employment standards and payroll accounting.
- Experience in a project costing environment is an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – proven ability to lead, work collaboratively and manage business relationships.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize and delegate work.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decisions making skills.
- Ability to work with highly confidential, sensitive information in a professional manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally verbally and written.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive salary with annual bonus potential
- Comprehensive benefits package including dental, optical, and medical
- RRSP Program
- A long-term incentive program
- On-site fitness facilities
- No-cost employee parking
If you meet all of the qualifications required for this role, and believe you can thrive in this position, send your resume to: email@example.com