Territory Sales Rep – Saskatchewan
by Executive Solutions | 23.11.20 | 15:09
For over 50 years, our client has been a top solutions provider in Southern Alberta and Southern Saskatchewan. Throughout this time their main goal has always been to supply their customers with quality products. and strive to provide customers with a better understanding of the tools, equipment, products, and applications available. Due to high demand and an increase in their business they are looking to expand their depth and reach in Saskatchewan.
The Territory Sales Rep is a brand new opening, one perfect for a dynamic sales professional who can grow their market and to provide superior service to new and existing customers. If you are a motivated self-starter who is organized, detail oriented and thrives on challenge, then this may be the opportunity you have been looking for. The Territory Sales Representative reports directly to the Sales Development Manager and will be responsible for a growing territory in Saskatchewan.
Key responsibilities include:
- Prospect potential customers using various direct methods such as cold-calling, face to face meetings, and indirect methods such as networking.
- Work closely with current and new customers to understand business needs and recommend continuous improvement and innovation plans that will maintain and grow sales within the assigned territory.
- Generate revenue growth by utilizing consultative selling skills in conjunction with value propositions.
- Communicate proactively with all customers at a minimum quarterly, to strengthen and expand relationships.
- Generate and execute sales plans in assigned customer base and new customer accounts to meet defined territory profit goals.
- Demonstrate strong decision-making skills, territory planning and ability to keep the sales pipeline activity full.
- Research and report marketplace and competitive information for sales strategy planning and review.
- Review buying history and suggest related and new products that may be of interest.
- Manage time effectively while remaining flexible to meet changing company or customer needs.
- Gain a working knowledge of all aspects of the industry and product applications by seeking out opportunities to learn and paying attention to solutions provided by knowledgeable staff and vendors.
- Share product knowledge and technical expertise with customers to build existing and new business, including product demonstrations.
- Analyze and prepare reports as required.
- Travel to different branches and depots across Alberta including frequent visits to our Medicine Hat branch to service customers and manage inventory.
Education and Qualifications Required:
- High school diploma required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of sales experience with a documented track record of overachievement.
- Basic MS Office knowledge; computer software and internet proficiency.
- Demonstrated ability to develop relationships with customers.
- Experience generating and/or building a loyal client base.
- Proven ability to close sales leads.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Self-driven and motivated to achieve results.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- A personable and professional demeanour.
- Willingness to travel throughout assigned sales territory.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a clear driver’s abstract.
- Class 3 driver’s license is an asset.
- Must be on call as required.