Operations Assistant/Office Coordinator
by Executive Solutions | 13.08.19 | 15:24
Our client, one of the major financial institutional in Canada, is looking to add to their administrative team.
As the Operations Assistant/Office Coordinator you will manage a variety of administrative/operational related projects to ensure the efficient upkeep of the office. Coordinating logistics related to client services, facilities management, floor operations, employee movement, building/vendor relations and professional support; ultimately providing a positive employee and client experience.
As the key contact for visiting clients and internal personnel, you will provide a critical first and lasting impression of the business, setting the tone for a positive, friendly, efficient, and professional image of the Bank. You will monitor and ensure that all established administrative and operational processes and control standards are followed, contributing to the effective and efficient operation of the business group.
- Office Operations (50%)
- Administrative/Professional Support (25%)
- Internal/External Client Service (25%)
- First point of escalation for day to day premise issues within regional office
- Place various work order requests with Building Management for floor facilities / maintenance repairs
- Act as the Tenant Contact with Building Management, liaising with building staff for floor matters, communicating updates to Office Manager as required and handling any necessary floorwide communication of updates to all staff
- Coordinate all boardroom reservations for internal and external meetings, ensuring compliance, arranging associated logistics to ensure business requirements are met
- Oversee Admin/Operations shared calendar, populating with critical updates of floor activities, key meetings/events and senior leader visits
- Coordinate all out of town visitor office and workstation requests
- Coordinate and maintain all Security Passes; ensuring adequate guest passes available and maintaining up to date records, meeting audit and compliance requirements
- Participate in quarterly and semi-annual audits, coordinating with IT, Office Manager, building security and business units to gather requirements and ensure compliance measures are upheld
- Order and maintain all stationery, kitchen and floor supplies, ensuring appropriate billing and monitoring/replenishing stock levels at all times. Organize and tidy supply areas as needed. Order business cards for professionals as required
- Update and maintain telephone directories
- Manage vendor/supplier relations. Coordinate and resolve issues with internal and external vendors and service providers, managing vendor agreements and coordinating invoicing
- Assist team with adhoc projects and assignments
- Responsible for local Business Continuity Plan (BCP) updates, testing and ensuring emergency reference wallet cards are updated yearly or as changes are required
- Office Contact for Emergency Response Procedures – Floor Warden, assist in facilitating training sessions, maintain contact with building management, communicate necessary updates to staff
- Manage the Employee Update Notification (EUN) process and facilitate employee movement (new hires/transfer/exit) requirements. Coordinating with various support groups, including but not limited to Office Manager, Information Technology, HR, Voice Services, security and compliance, ensuring that process is in-line with audit requirements. Maintain related documents and organizational systems
- Manage employee onboarding including desk set-up, login, phone, security card and new hire kit
- Ensure new employees have a positive first day experience
- Provide new professional staff company policies, computer and desk set-up, health & safety information and acts as the point person for new staff in helping to answer questions and ensure a smooth on-boarding process
- Maintain floorplan and complete regular updates; facilitate moves, desk reassignments etc. Assist with Real Estate projects as directed by Office Manager
- Liaise with IT to facilitate printer and binding equipment repairs as needed, provide back-up IT support for basic troubleshooting, setup of Video Conference and laptop requirements, Wi-Fi setup, etc.
- Assist IT with ad-hoc projects, ensuring updates related to technology are appropriately communicated to impacted staff
- Facilitate mass client mail outs during seasonal event periods i.e. Stampede and Christmas
- Provide administrative support to 5-10 senior professionals as required
- Provide back-up coverage to Senior Administrative Assistants and Executive Assistants for their professionals as needed, during peak-periods and/or vacation coverage
- Provide back-up phone coverage to department professionals
Internal/External Client Service:
- Greet all clients, visitors, vendors, and other internal members of the organization, directing them appropriately, providing prompt and courteous service in order to ensure the satisfaction of all internal and external stakeholders
- Function as the first point of contact for office inquiries (via email, phone, and in-person). Direct requests to the appropriate area / person in a helpful, timely and professional manner
- Coordinate all incoming and outgoing mail and couriers
- Coordinate office meetings and client events
- Maintain general appearance of reception area and meeting rooms. Replenish stock levels in meeting rooms and kitchens – coffee, water, dishware/cutlery, etc.
- Interacts and collaborates regularly, with all staff within the business and with cross-functional business units to carry out accountabilities, to develop and recommend alternatives, and to implement improvement opportunities.
o Develops and leverages relationships to achieve desired outcomes
- Interacts regularly with various internal lines of business and departments to accomplish administrative or coordination tasks, and with other advisory or support units when matters arise that require their involvement, or to develop and implement business process improvements.
o Manages relationships with vendors and suppliers to meet the requirements of the business unit
- Interacts with several senior leaders to accomplish administrative and operational objectives
- Takes direction from Office Manager and Senior Admin Team, assisting with projects as needed and contributing to meeting group deliverables
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an administrative / professional support function, with at least 2 years in a similar role, working in a complex fast paced environment
- Post-secondary education in a related field would be an asset
- Previous experience with project coordination / management preferred
- General business knowledge and understanding of the organizational unit, its functions and products and customer groups
- Solid understanding of processes, policies and procedures required for supporting the business unit
- Basic level knowledge of financial and accounting principles, and human resources policies
- Strong project management skills
- Extremely detail oriented and very well organized, and able to manage time and multi-task
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Superior customer service skills
- Professional and courteous demeanour, along with the ability to develop and leverage professional working relationships
- Ability to work both independently, as well as part of a cohesive team
- Ability to deal with confidential materials in an appropriate manner and use discretion
- Problem solving / balancing changing priorities
If you meet the criteria set out above, and are looking to work for an organization that values high standards please submit your resume with salary expectations to email@example.com
PLEASE NOTE: only those who live in the Calgary area and are legally eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship will be considered.