Manager of Operational Accounting
by Executive Solutions | 06.02.19 | 15:45
Our client, a 50+ year old Calgary based Manufacturing company, is looking for a Manager of Operational Accounting. This full-time permanent role will actively participate as a member of the leadership team in the development of strategic goals and overall direction and management of the Company. In this position you will be responsible for providing effective leadership in supporting the financial needs of the business and its shareholders, and leading the Administration and Accounting team. This includes the following key functions: accurate and timely financial reporting, corporate budgeting, general ledger, cash management, risk management and compliance with established policies and procedures.
Key responsibilities include:
- Champion the employment of a new ERP system including system selection, implementation, testing and training.
- Working closely with the Controller, review and update all standard costing practices.
- Responsible for producing accurate and timely monthly and year end financial statements in accordance with ASPE, for all stakeholders.
- Financial reporting and analysis including in depth variance analysis comparing actuals to forecast and budget.
- Reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts including bank reconciliations, payroll entries and continuity schedules, monthly.
- Responsible for producing monthly management reporting package for the executive team and shareholders including KPI’s, revenue analysis, and various other reporting as required.
- Liaise closely with operations to ensure a strong understanding of Key Performance Indicators.
- Monitor internal controls to ensure that accounting activities are in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Review and streamline processes, identify improvement areas, and implement action plans.
- Coach and mentor senior, intermediate and junior employees.
- Ownership of the accounts receivable and accounts payable functions and related accounting processes, including oversight of the administrative staff.
- Preparation of annual budgets and forecasts.
- Cash management, including FX trades and online banking.
- Covenant reporting.
- Inventory management.
- Prepare and submit GST filings.
- Compile information required for annual SRED return.
- Special projects as assigned.
- 5-7 years experience in a similar role.
- CPA designation required.
- Experience with ACCPAC (Sage) is an asset.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Experience in the manufacturing industry with strong knowledge of operational accounting.
- Strong background and knowledge in standard costing is required.
- Experienced with ERP implementations; preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent analytical skills and strong attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills and ability to present information in a variety of formats to all levels of employees.
- Self-starter able to work and collaborate in a team environment.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Must have experience in continuous improvement and sharing innovative ideas.
- Knowledge of current ASPE reporting standards in an asset.
- Experience with CaseWare is an asset.
- Advanced level understanding of Excel is an asset
If you meet all of the requirements for this role and believe this is the perfect role for you, send your resume to: email@example.com