Licensed Practical Nurse – Calgary, AB
by Executive Solutions | 10.12.20 | 8:41
Our client, a Senior Living Facility, is in search for an LPN to start immediately. This role as Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) is responsible for providing planned, patient-oriented, goal-directed nursing care in accordance with the provincial standards of care.
- Provide direct resident care and medication/ treatment administration and document care in compliance with regulatory standards, policies and procedures.
- Complete and ensure resident’s clinical care assessments, care/service plans and documentation are accurate and up to date.
- Implement and evaluate the effectiveness of the care/service plans and make changes as required.
- Assist with scheduling of resident’s care conferences and participate in conferences where applicable.
- Work closely with the Director of Care or Director of Health & Wellness to facilitate resident’s move in, move out and transfers.
- Process the orders and safe keep drugs and narcotics and administer in compliance with all regulatory requirements, policies and procedures.
- Facilitate and provide resident/family education.
- Plan, coordinate, manage & evaluate the resident’s care plan working with the resident/substitute decision maker, physicians, nursing & interdisciplinary team and contracted service providers.
- Coordinate nursing team’s resident care assignments to ensure efficient and timely delivery of services to residents.
- Respond to and manage significant changes in resident’s condition and or medical emergencies; provide emergency first aid.
- Teach, delegate and direct unregulated care providers.
- Coordinate emergency response when needed.
- Respond to resident/family concerns and ensure appropriate action taken and or concern communicated to Director of Care or Director of Health & Wellness/ Executive Director and other departments.
- Follow and assist the Director of Care or Director of Health & Wellness in the coordination, implementation and monitoring of Infection Prevention and Control, Health and Safety and Clinical Programs and Quality/Safety Plans for the Nursing Department.
- Work in a position of trust with vulnerable adults (residents).
- Uphold and promote the organization’s values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current registration as a Licensed Practical Nurse in applicable Province/State.
- Experience working in a senior’s environment and with unregulated care providers preferred.
- Must possess strong written and oral communication, critical thinking, care coordination, time management and customer focus skills.
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support and First Aid certification required.
- Must clear a Criminal Background Check.
If you meet all of the requirements above and are interested in this position, send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org