Leasing Manager/Administrative Coordinator – Calgary, AB
by Executive Solutions | 13.10.21 | 8:32
Our inner-city client is a small group of well-established and respected Real Estate professionals, they are on the hunt for a FANTASTIC Leasing Manager/Administrative Coordinator who brings experience, motivation and a positive, infectious attitude. Reporting to the Vice President & President, this position requires an enthusiastic individual who is flexible, personable, well-organized and accountable. The successful candidate will be responsible for performing all aspects of the leasing process along with monthly rental reporting and collection. Working with a team of driven, dedicated professionals who put their clients’ needs at the top of their priorities you bring respect and diplomacy to the role; two of their main core values in conducting business.
To be successful in this role you will have the following characteristics at your core:
- Diplomacy – You understand the need to impeccable customer service and always treat your clients with respect and empathy.
- Drive – You are the type that sees a situation and steps in with a well thought out plan/solution.
- Smarts – You are innately bright. It’s not something you learned in school you are just naturally smart and see things others may miss.
- Coachable –While you don’t need to be supervised 24/7, you are open to coaching and guidance from the experts around you. You have a deep seeded need to continuously learn and grow.
- Organization – You are ON TOP of it, at all times! Ask you where a file is an within minutes you have it in your hands! Nothing gets lost on you and you are known for creating new, practical ways of tracking information.
- Solutions driven – No task is too big or too small for you to tackle. Problems? You only see opportunities and come up with well thought out solutions.
- Motivated – You have an internal drive that gets you fired up to be the best! Give you a task and it’s completed beyond anyone’s expectations!
- People Person – You are the hub of the office. People are naturally drawn to your warm and welcoming demeanour. But let’s not confuse that with being a push-over. You balance both a servitude attitude with being confident to express your thoughts in a respectful, well-thought out manner.
- Strong/Confident Communication style – You have the ability to get your point across in a succinct manner, but that doesn’t mean you are curt or abrasive. Your approach is respectful, engaging and you listen to respond.
- Flexible – Yes, you have a job description, but you don’t see this as the end of your responsibilities. If there is something that needs to get done you jump in to help. You are able to juggle a multitude of things without dropping the ball.
- Show apartments to prospective tenants, outline rental terms, complete rental agreements and obtain deposit and rent cheques.
- Process rental applications and conduct background checks as necessary.
- Conduct preliminary walk-through and final move-out inspection with tenants.
- Provide renewal leases as needed with a focus on tenant retention.
- Work with Property Manager and Senior Operations Manager to resolve resident/tenant concerns and complaints in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Review market conditions on an ongoing basis and communicate any necessary changes to leasing strategy or promotions.
- Enforce rent collection and administer eviction notices as required.
- Produce accurate weekly vacancy/availability reports and rent rolls.
- Attend weekly operations meetings and provide updates as needed.
- Answer main office phone and handle all general inquiries.
- Handle mail and couriers.
- Maintain office equipment and supplies.
- Prepare and maintain contact lists for Commercial and Residential properties.
- Create quarterly tenant newsletter for distribution.
- Manage boardroom bookings and where required, coordination of refreshments and setup.
- General administrative support as required.
- Previous experience with website management would be considered an asset.
- Provide assistance and support to the Accounting Manager in the following areas:
- All accounting activity regarding residential tenants, including monthly rent pulls, cheque collection and deposit. (Experience in Sage would be considered an asset).
- A/P (posting and paying invoices), A/R (EFT’s/PAD Pulls), and monthly cheque run
- Stop payments.
- Be available to provide coverage in Accounting Manager’s absence.
Skills and Qualifications:
- MUST possess experience in Leasing and/or Real Estate Administrative support (3-5 years preferred)
- Strong computer skills
- Background in Customer Service and/or Sales
- A Degree or Diploma in Business Admin or related field would be a definite asset.
- Familiarity with RTA and willingness to keep updated on any changes to legislation
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Office, including Excel and Publisher
- Website Management experience
- Knowledge of Sage 50 would be a definite asset
Please ensure you meet the criteria set out above prior to submitting your resume. You MUST reside within the Calgary and be eligible for work in Canada without the need for sponsorship. Apply by submitting your credentials to: firstname.lastname@example.org