Leadership Assistant/Senior Admin (not-for-profit) – Calgary, AB
by Executive Solutions | 09.01.20 | 13:50
The Leadership Assistant is primarily responsible to assist the Leadership and Board committees with administrative and organizational activities needed to support the smooth operation of the organization. The focus of this role is administration duties, coordination of documents from the Board committees, coordination of contract renewal documents, coordination of meeting rooms and equipment, and reception relief. This combination of tasks and activities requires that the Leadership Assistant is able to manage multiple tasks in a busy environment, and to respond to a wide range of requests in a timely and confidential manner.
- Manages completion of multiple tasks in an organized and efficient manner using advanced Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint, as required to prepare reports, memos, spreadsheets, presentations, and documents.
- Pro-actively manages calendars and scheduling of appointments, including room bookings.
- Sets up training and workshops for Leadership and Senior Management as required.
- Makes travel, meeting and other arrangements for staff and Board Committee members as required.
- Prioritizes tasks, tracking and ensures timely task completion
- Creates and maintains a central filing record management system for both electronic and hardcopy records.
- Assists with ongoing record management tasks (e.g. archiving).
- Complies and submits confidential reports and records (which includes Board, management, payroll, and regulatory reports, as well as expense and travel submissions) as required.
- Applies knowledge of FOIP Regulation and Company policy and procedures related to confidential information to the collection and maintenance of personal information of residents, employees and the business operations of Company.
- Works with the Leadership team to prepare and distribute material for Board Committees and Board Committee meetings.
- Ensures materials for Board Committees are timely and accurate as they become part of Board package.
- Greets visitors seeking information or assistance in a professional and courteous manner.
- Provides support, relief and leadership to the Receptionist-Administrative Assistant to ensure that the Administrative Office is open to visitors during all core business hours.
- Communicates accurately regarding services offered and policies as relates to financial information, new developments, human resources and operations as required.
- Provides support to other senior management team members as required.
- Minimum of 5 years administrative/executive assistant experience; diploma or certificate in administration may be an asset.
- Prior experience dealing with Boards, Board Committees, and executive managers.
- Exemplary Customer Service Skills including effectively dealing with the public is essential.
- Excellent writing and verbal skills.
- Experience in the housing or property management an asset.
If you meet the criteria set out above, live in the Calgary area and are legally eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship forward your resume to: email@example.com