Junior Purchaser – Calgary, AB
by Executive Solutions | 31.03.21 | 10:04
Our client, located in Calgary, is in search of a Junior Purchaser to join their team. The main duties of the Purchaser are purchasing raw materials, semi-finished materials, equipment, tools, parts, supplies, and services necessary for manufacturing operations.
- Utilize system “Master Planning” to determine planned purchases for maintaining adequate inventory of purchased products and materials.
- Review online websites, catalogs, industry periodicals, trade journals, etc. to locate necessary goods and services.
- Research and evaluate suppliers, determine quality of product and service, and expedite orders.
- Prepare purchase orders, solicit bid proposals and review requisitions for goods and services.
- Negotiate and administer contracts with suppliers, vendors, and other representatives.
- Interview vendors and visit supplier’s plants and distribution centers to examine and learn about products and services.
- Maintain and review computerized or manual records of items purchased, costs, delivery, product performance and inventories.
- Monitor shipments for on time arrivals. Trace shipments, follow up on undelivered goods, and expedite as needed.
- Evaluate and monitor contract performance to ensure compliance with contractual obligations and determine necessary changes.
- Confer with staff, users, and vendors to discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services and determine a corrective action.
- Assist accounts payable to resolve invoice discrepancies.
- Frequently requesting vendor information related to Conflict Minerals, ROHS, REACH, COC’s, Mill Certificates, Packing Slips, etc…
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Competencies:
- 2+ years of relevant order processing experience.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook.
- Familiar with ERP/MRP software.
- High school diploma.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Team Player.
- Handle stressful situations, different cultures and diverse personalities.
If you are interested in working with a hard-working, efficient and team-orientated group, we would love to hear from you. Please email your resume to: email@example.com