Junior Accounting Clerk – Calgary, AB
by Executive Solutions | 13.09.21 | 10:58
The Junior Accountant will be responsible for the timely and accurate processing of vendor invoices, performing vendor reconciliations, data entry, and other month-end duties as assigned. This role is also responsible for the full cycle receivables process including invoicing customers, analysis and problem resolution of the company’s outstanding accounts, verifying the validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales, shipping, procurement, and customers.
Key responsibilities include:
- Processing various types of accounts payable transactions including data entry of vendor invoices and expense reports.
- Maintaining all AP/AR monthly reports, respond to customer billing inquiries, meet with business leaders to manage AP/AR related matters.
- Reporting, researching, and follow up on all short paid and/or past due invoices.
- Acting as the first point of contact to vendors and employees with invoice or expense reimbursement inquiries.
- Proactively contacting key vendors to request updated statements and ensure balances are reconciled.
- Processing cheques and electronic payments and transfers.
- Responding to customer billing inquiries, resend bills and send collection emails.
- Responsible for receiving and applying cash to outstanding invoices in accounts receivable.
- Prepare and send all customer billing and monthly statements on a timely basis.
- Manage credit risk.
- 1-3 years experience in a similar role.
- Accounting diploma or degree is an asset.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- People oriented person.
- Ability to follow directions and work with minimal supervision.
- Professional telephone manner.
- Attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Discretion and good judgement.
- Strong communication skills.
- Self-starter able to work and collaborate in a team environment.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Advanced level understanding of Excel is an asset
If you meet the criteria set out above please apply, with your salary expectations to: email@example.com