Junior Accountant – Lethbridge, AB
by Executive Solutions | 02.11.21 | 14:37
This is a full-time permanent role located in Lethbridge Alberta. The successful candidate will have experience working in a high-volume accounting department, proven elevated communication skills, and is detailed oriented with the ability to multi-task and work quickly and efficiently. While the focus of the role is managing accounts receivable, it is expected to evolve into a full-cycle accounting support position.
Key responsibilities include:
- Accounts receivable;
- Open new accounts (maintain credit account applications)
- Process invoices as required, including LIDO
- Process AR adjustments as required
- Apply payments to related invoices on account
- Source PO’s for invoices, if required;
- Answer phones;
- Route and resolve information requests;
- Resolve customer account concerns;
- Process credit card payments;
- Manage credit risk
- Setup and maintain customer accounts, including credit once approved;
- Collect documents for sales agreements
- Collection of overdue accounts including calling, investigation, and mailout of collection letters;
- Manage autopay customers and process all payments
- Manage Sales Agreements and process all payments
- Manage comments in Tiny Term customer accounts and on call spreadsheet
- Create call spreadsheet to ensure comprehensive follow up on overdue accounts
- Bring to the attention of the Accounting Manager any accounts that are in receivership/bankruptcy or missing contact information
- Follow up with Sales and Accounting Manager regarding any information that could imply a customer is a credit risk
- Administrative tasks
- Run monthly customer statements and fax/email/mail.
- Run daily stream and provide to receiving individual for review
- Review and file daily invoices;
- Scan and enter review signed delivery notes;
- Scan and enter signed invoices
- Cash management:
- Cash posting of all payments received and manage cash posting spreadsheet (EFTs, Bank Deposits – cash/cheque, Stripe, Debit machine);
- Reconcile deposits posted to total deposits posted in the bank
- Reconciliation of cash deposits to bank and general ledger;
- Bank deposits;
- Reconcile petty cash;
- Maintain company files;
- Assist with accounts payable as required.
- Assist with account reconciliations as required.
- Special projects as assigned, including involvement in implementation of a new ERP system in late 2022.
- 2-3 years experience in a similar role.
- Accounting diploma or degree is preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- People oriented person.
- Ability to follow directions and work with minimal supervision.
- Professional telephone manner.
- Attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Discretion and good judgement;
- Strong communication skills;
- Self-starter able to work and collaborate in a team environment;
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills;
- Advanced level understanding of Excel is an asset
Please ensure you meet the criteria set out above prior to submitting your resume. You MUST reside within the Lethbridge area and be eligible for work in Canada without the need for sponsorship. Apply by submitting your credentials to: firstname.lastname@example.org