Intermediate Accountant – Calgary, AB
by Executive Solutions | 31.10.19 | 14:26
Our downtown client is looking for a skilled, dedicated intermediate level accountant to join their small office.
In this role you will directly support and work with the Sr. Accountant assisting with any and all tasks associated with the accounting department:
- Resolving accounts payable issues with vendors
- Process supplier invoices, credit memos, and employee expenses in a timely manner, using Accounting software
- Match invoices to appropriate authorizing documents
- Review and post receiving batches
- Obtain proper authorization for purchase orders and non-purchase order invoices
- Code invoices with general ledger account numbers and related project and budget codes
- Assist in preparation of payments to suppliers: cheque runs and wire transfer requests as required
- Reconcile vendor statements
- Perform journal entries and month-end accruals and related reports
- Prepare accurate invoices on a timely basis.
- Record monthly invoicing and enter daily cash
- Complete account collection calls as required
- Prepare detailed sales invoices ensuring accuracy and completeness
- Resolve special pricing issues with appropriate personnel as required
- Work with the Accounting department to resolve occasional discrepancies
- Support customer service by issuing accurate and consistent invoicing
If you have a minimum of 4 years’ experience in AP/AR, are eager to learn and can function in a demanding, no-nonsense environment this may just be the job for you!
You must be legally eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship, live in the Calgary area and meet the requirements set out above please forward your resume: email@example.com