Intake Coordinator – Calgary, AB
by Executive Solutions | 06.10.21 | 10:02
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Leasing and Marketing, the Intake Coordinator is required to be knowledgeable on all housing offered. Within this role you will be required to provide the highest level of customer care, administrative duties and in field support of future residents to ensure the most efficient, functional, and professional coordination of housing for each individual seeking housing.
From time to time, Intake Coordinators may be called upon to assist each other within the team setting, therefore, each team member must be proficient and understand the full spectrum of housing offered. This will include meeting with prospective residents and pre-qualifying individuals for housing appropriately. Housing services represented will vary from subsidized to near market priced housing.
- Create sustainable communities through strong occupancy and waitlist management.
- Assure consistent quality in both customer service and administration duties for the Community Living Coordinator team.
- Become fully versed in the housing offerings provided and the requirements for each type of housing, with the ability to help guide prospects to the most appropriate housing setting based on their health and financial qualifications.
- Professionally and discreetly qualify prospects based on their financial and health status, and desired area of the city.
- Review the housing application and supporting documents to ensure they are complete, and conduct Priority Rating Scoring, as well as personal interviews to properly assess and meet the individuals’ housing needs.
- Confirm applications have been received and explain next steps to the applicants, families and or support services.
- Respond promptly to incoming calls, e-mails or faxes related to the application process, following the prescribes inquiry process and subsequent documentation.
- Promptly update, prepare, and distribute information packages to potential applicants, families and/or support services.
- Maintain and report comprehensive statistics and reports to leadership and funders regarding occupancy, through extensive knowledge of Yardi.
- Process information related to move ins and move outs.
- Provide support to other Community Living Coordinators as needed.
- Maintain awareness of safety, emergency response, outbreak management and infection, prevention & control (IPC) protocols in communities as it relates to tours, move ins and open houses
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ administrative experience in a related field and/or customer service environment is essential.
- Experience working with seniors, senior housing, property management, social services, or other equivalent combinations considered an asset.
- A valid class 5 Alberta Driver’s License and use of your own vehicle is required.
- Must be familiar with key regulations including Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIP), Supportive Living Accommodation Licensing Act (SLALA), and Protection for Persons in CARE Act (PPCA).
- Must have received the first dose of the Covid-19 vaccination, (or be willing to receive it within 3 days of starting), and to receive the second dose once available.
- Proficient computer skills including, fast typing, and knowledge of Outlook, Excel, Word; familiarity with case management software would be considerate an asset.
- Knowledge of Yardi, Voyager, EHR, CRM and Rent Café Marketing considered an asset.
- Commissioner of Oaths certification, or willingness to obtain certification.
- Working at various communities throughout the city.
- Must be able to lift, carry and transfer marketing materials (lift 25 lbs. easily).
- Frequent to constant use of personal protective equipment (PPE) such as procedure mask and eye protection goggles when necessary.
- Walking and standing for long periods of time during events and during tours.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize to meet tight deadlines easily.
- Flexibility and ability to respond to a variety of changing duties and work routines such as working in the evening, weekends, or specific occasions.
- Must qualify for Vulnerable Sector Check including a Criminal Background Check.
HOURS OF WORK
- Monday to Friday 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
- May need to work Saturdays, on rotation.
Please ensure you meet the criteria set out above prior to submitting your resume. You MUST reside within the Calgary and be eligible for work in Canada without the need for sponsorship. Apply by submitting your credentials to: firstname.lastname@example.org