Human Resources Specialist/Manager – Calgary AB
by Executive Solutions | 17.06.20 | 16:22
We are currently seeking a highly collaborative Human Resources Specialist to join our client’s team. Reporting to the Vice-President Finance, you are a seasoned HR professional who can operate as both a strategic and tactical business partner. Your success in this role will be built on your foundation of a broad base of experience across all facets of HR: recruitment, benefits, compensation, policy and program development and employee relations (Canadian and U.S.). Ideally, you’ll have a good understanding of the manufacturing and distribution industries.
- Provide advice, support and recommendations on a wide range of HR issues to all stakeholders while championing and enforcing corporate values;
- Participate in the review, development and maintenance of Human Resource policies, programs, and procedures that result in a stronger organizational position, alignment with corporate values, compliance with relevant provincial and federal legislation/regulations, and achievement of business/operational objectives.
- Consult with supervisors/managers on the interpretation and administration of Human Resources programs, policies and processes;
- Support management with the full cycle recruitment and selection process including drafting of external job postings, identifying recruitment strategies, scheduling and conducting interviews and reference checks;
- Conduct and coordinate exit interviews and provide feedback;
- Assist management with performance management including progressive discipline and termination;
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of Employment Standards requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, and working closely with our legal department to reduce risk and ensuring regulatory compliance;
- Support management in coordinating employee safety and wellness programs;
- Facilitate the resolution of employee relation issues, and workplace harassment by investigating, resolving and tracking complaints, evaluating and recommending possible courses of action;
- Day-to-day HR administrative duties;
- Provide backup/vacation relief for payroll.
Preferred Experience and Skill Set
- MINIMUM 5 years’ experience in Human Resources Specialist or Management role;
- Bachelor’s Degree with a Major in Human Resources or Certificate in HR Management from a recognized post-secondary institution. CPHR designation is considered an asset;
- Ability to maneuver effectively in a fast-paced, high-functioning environment, while prioritizing and delivering multiple requests at the same time;
- Interpret policies, answer questions and counsel team members regarding policies;
- Experience handling a wide variety of employee inquiries and actioning inquiries;
- Experience with recruitment activities including screening, interviewing and assessing candidates and preparing employment contracts;
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with the proven ability to professionally develop and leverage cross-functional relationships;
- Communication competence and effectiveness across all levels of the organization, using tact, sensitivity, discretion and diplomacy – HIGH EQ is necessary to the success of this individual;
- Solid foundational understanding of Canadian Employment Law and the Employment Standards Act;
- Effective conflict management;
- Problem solving & critical thinking skills;
- Policy & technical writing;
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now is an asset;
- Travel is required, within city limits and occasionally within Canada and the United States.
If you meet the criteria set out above, live in the Calgary area and are legally eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship, please forward your resume: firstname.lastname@example.org