HR Generalist – Calgary, AB
by Executive Solutions | 20.04.21 | 8:12
We are currently seeking a highly collaborative Human Resources Generalist to join our client’s team. Reporting to the Vice-President Finance, you are an HR professional who can operate as advisor/collaborator and the sole HR professional within the organization.. Your success in this role will be built on your foundation of a broad base of experience across all facets of HR: recruitment, benefits, compensation, policy and program development and employee relations (Canadian and U.S.).
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide advice, support, and recommendations on a wide range of HR issues to all stakeholders while championing and enforcing corporate values.
- Full cycle recruitment, including drafting of external job postings, identifying recruitment strategies, and conducting interviews.
- Research and prepare occupational classifications, job descriptions, and salary scales.
- Prepare contracts and review offer letters, and termination paperwork.
- Conduct and coordinate exit interviews and provide feedback.
- Participate in the review, and possible redevelopment of Human Resource policies, programs, and procedures, and work closely with managers and supervisors to ensure these are being upheld throughout the organization.
- Assist department managers with performance management including progressive discipline and termination.
- Support in coordinating employee safety and wellness programs.
- Facilitate the resolution of employee relation issues, and workplace harassment by investigating, resolving, and tracking complaints, and then evaluating each situation to make recommendations for possible courses of action.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of Employment Standards requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risk, and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Provide backup/vacation relief for payroll.
- Special projects: key point of contact for a large group of managers in relation to ongoing COVID-19 preparedness and management.
What you bring to the role:
- The ideal candidate will bring 3-7 years’ experience as an Human Resources Specialist or Generalist;
- Bachelor’s Degree with a Major in Human Resources or Certificate in HR Management from a recognized post-secondary institution;
- CPHR designation is considered an asset, but not mandatory;
- Experience with recruitment activities including screening, interviewing and assessing candidates and preparing employment contracts;
- Ability to maneuver effectively in a fast-paced, high-functioning environment, while prioritizing and delivering multiple requests at the same time;
- Interpret policies, answer questions and counsel team members regarding policies;
- Experience handling a wide variety of employee inquiries and actioning inquiries;
- Highly developed emotional intelligence with a successful track record for professionally developing and leveraging relationships across an organization;
- Solid foundational understanding of Canadian Employment Law and the Employment Standards Act;
- Effective conflict management;
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now is an asset;
- Travel is required, within city limits and, when safe and permitted, occasionally within Canada and the United States.
If you meet the requirements laid out above, live in the Calgary area and are legally eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship, please submit your resume; email@example.com