HR Advisor – Calgary, AB
by Executive Solutions | 13.05.21 | 9:45
Our client is in search of an HR Advisor to serve as a trusted advisor and valued business partner to their team. Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, this role is a partner to leaders, providing people solutions that contribute to the achievement of business strategy and key priorities. In an environment that is continuously changing and improving, this position will provide an opportunity to work with different levels within the business units to understand and respond to their needs, ensure the right application of employment laws and policies, rules and regulations, principles and processes, and support the optimization of performance management, retention, and employee engagement.
To build strong working relationships at all levels of the business. Support managers and leaders, as well as the HR team with strategic initiatives to achieve operational goals and find efficiencies or opportunities to increase productivity of the workforce. Support employees with individual requests and clarifications of internal and external policies and legislation and enhance the workplace for their morale, health and wellness. In addition, providing mentorship and support to junior HR team members on day to day tasks and administration is required.
To effectively execute the responsibilities of Human Resource Advisor, you must be able to complete the following:
- Provide day to day HR support to managers and employees with respect to business practices, policies and standards.
- Provide coaching and support to Managers on issues such as: performance management, conflict resolution, absence management (disability leave, parental leave, etc.) employee retention & engagement, terminations.
- Support the Human Resource Manager on strategic HR initiatives including due diligence, implementation, communication and roll-out of HR related tasks.
- Provide strategic business partner support to leaders with respect to employee relations aligning Company policy and the appropriate legislation.
- Exceptional relationship-building and interpersonal skills and ability to interact positively with all levels in the organization; you will be extremely action oriented and client focused.
- Build strong business relationships with operations and support departments (Payroll, Safety, Fleet, IT, Marketing etc.) to contribute to business objectives as they relate to HR.
- Respond to employee questions in a timely manner, providing accurate responses on all HR matters.
- Interpret policy and applicable employment legislation as needed.
- Remain up to date with employment standards legislation and upcoming changes.
- Oversee and provide support on disability claims (STD, LTD), also including substance abuse assessments and follow-up, including employee leaves.
- Participation and support on involuntary terminations.
- Facilitate HR investigations and provide reports and recommendations on a course of action.
- Coordination, completion and analysis of annual salary review.
- Receive and review all employee documentation for change requests such as terminations, performance management, leaves, promotions, demotions.
- Champion the Employee Wellbeing Committee and scheduling events and other health and wellness related initiatives.
- Administration of compensation programs, which may include running reports and maintaining systems for compensation.
- Maintain HR documents, policy updates, wage data, employment standards updates as needed; ensuring documents are posted and accessible.
- Providing analysis and giving recommendations to client groups related to compensation data to help to support, retain and attract top talent in the marketplace.
- Maintain strong Business relationships within the local labour market & trends.
- An expectation of integrity and honesty.
- Support for projects and objectives from the team.
- Support of the company culture as it is defined and evolves.
- Support team members with ongoing development and updating of Human Resources programs, documents, forms, manuals, processes and procedures, including identifying ways to streamline and create efficiencies within the department.
- Perform well under pressure and demonstrated adaptability in managing unexpected situations and complex environments with multiple stakeholders.
- Sound judgment, strong degree of autonomy and ability to independently make decisions while maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
- Post-secondary degree, diploma or certificate in HR, Business or related discipline.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a Business Partner or Generalist role.
- CPHR designation would be an asset.
- An understanding of the Construction and or Energy industry would be an asset.
- Self-starter with the ability to problem solve while maintaining flexibility to provide the best support to the organization.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills with a high attention to detail.
- Practical knowledge of operations, company policies and legislation requirements.
- Exceptional Microsoft Office and computer application skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Demonstrated advising and coaching skills.
- Keen team player who is comfortable with assisting in various areas within the department.
If this role sounds perfect to you, and you meet all of the requirements above, we would love to hear from you! Send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org