Engineering Technologist – Markham, ON
by Executive Solutions | 13.12.18 | 15:53
Our client is well known for its leading design-work in power electronics. They specifically deliver creative and custom solutions to the computing, communications, industrial, and medical markets. As the Engineering Technologist, you’ll have the opportunity to work with talented people, and a management team that’s focused on growth and the ongoing development of technologies for many of the world’s major OEMs. In this role, you will:
- Perform design verification and validation testing on AC-DC and DC-DC power supply products throughout the various stages of the design process
- Perform troubleshooting and failure analysis of analog and power conversion circuits by analysis and calculation
- Provide leadership in complex design verification
- Have an opportunity to grow toward a Design Engineering position
- Perform root cause failure analysis of analog and power conversion circuits including component stress evaluation. Ideally the candidate has the skills to validate and document if a product performance problem or failure is design or component related.
- Perform non-automated test and evaluation on operating analog and some digital circuitry using discrete test equipment.
- Set up, debug, and monitor standard and specialized test equipment to verify and analyze the performance of electrical and electronic components and assemblies.
- The incumbent must have a strong knowledge of analog/ digital electronic components, their limitations, and be able to analyze circuit behavior.
- Applicants must know, in detail, the definitions and application impact of specified parameters of BJT’s, MOSFET’s, diodes, opamps, comparators and digital gates.
Education / Experience:
- 3-year diploma I Electronics Engineering Technology, CET preferred, or Undergraduate Electrical Engineer.
- Minimum 3 years related working experience of electronic circuit troubleshooting to the component level and design verification preferably with power conversion products
- Demonstrated understanding of analog electronic circuits with mathematical analysis skills
- Sound knowledge of electronic components, their characteristics, and specifications.
- Demonstrated skills in debugging and repairing analog and some digital circuitry to the component level using discrete (not automated) test equipment.
- Strong demonstrated understanding of electronic measurement instruments and techniques.
- Good hands-on skills for electronic circuit bread-boarding and modifications to existing PCB assemblies.
- Familiar with general use microcontrollers, DSP, serial bus communications, C language.
- Good soldering skills on medium density SMD boards, and high power boards.
- Experience performing product qualification testing (i.e. measurements of power supply specified electrical parameters; compliance to EMI/EMC, and safety industry standards; product reliability verification – electrical and thermal stresses on components and circuits, HALT, demonstrated life tests, etc.)
- Familiarity with environmental test chambers, thermal, temperature/humidity, HALT. Etc.)
- Proven documentation skills and familiarity with standard PV office and CAD software.
If you believe this is the perfect position for you, send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org