Electrical Engineer/Designer – Markham, ON
by Executive Solutions | 13.07.18 | 8:00
Our client, a leader in power electronics; specifically, the delivery of creative and custom solutions to the computing, communications, industrial, and medical markets, is looking to hire an Electrical Engineer/Designer.
In this role, you will:
- Support a Principal or Senior Level Engineer/Designer or lead a Power Supply development project or sub-project of small to medium complexity from kickoff through to manufacturing introduction;
- Have an opportunity to grow toward a Senior/Principal Design or Engineering Management position;
- Have the opportunity to work with talented people, and a management team that’s focused on growth and the ongoing development of technologies for many of the world’s major OEMs.
- Follow through on complex design guidance or approaches from Principal or Senior level engineers
- Ensure technical integrity of designs
- Interface with customers to relay technical information
- Occasionally supervise the work of technologists working on the project
- Ensure the design conforms to corporate engineering procedures and documented to ISO9001 procedures
- Ensure the design meets cost, performance and schedule requirements
- Perform schematic entry, calculations, simulations, & bread-boarding in the design process
- Implement microcontroller firmware and hardware for power management/control functions in power supplies
- Design circuits and perform tests and evaluations for design verification and integrity
- Stay up to date with innovations with trends in power electronics
Education / Experience:
- Electrical / Electronic Engineering Degree
- Engineer = PEO Licensed
- Designer = Degree OR Equivalent Work Experience.
- Minimum 5 years in high frequency power supply design
- Experience with various topologies and components used in power supply design
- Experience with the use of MathCAD and PSPice simulation tools
- Experience in product safety and EMC requirements (e.g. grounding, etc…)
- Experience in electronic packaging (high density SMT, PCB layout techniques, planar transformers, EMI, thermal)
- Hands-on experience in product development activities: bench instrumentation, soldering parts, bread-boarding and testing circuits.
- Familiarity with product qualification requirements
- Knowledge of tooling requirement for high volume products (plastics/metal/PCB/production Test)
- Experience in high volume manufacturing requirements (e.g. DFx)
- Knowledge of embedded design as it applies to power supply design shall be considered an asset
- Demonstrated creative and innovative works is an asset
If you meet ALL the requirements for this role, are willing to relocate to Markham, ON and are legally eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship please forward your resume, and salary expectations to email@example.com