by Executive Solutions | 07.03.19 | 9:30
Our client, located in downtown Calgary, is searching for a Data Analyst. As a Data Analyst, your responsibilities will include, but are not restricted to, the following:
- Responsible for data mining and analytics to identify areas of improvement and/or to support project based activities.
- Training and providing back up to junior data analysts, as requested.
- Establishing and enforcing data policies, standards, practices and processes.
- Responsible for producing timely and accurate customer reconciliations, ensuring supporting documentation is properly approved and complete in accordance with industry, federal and provincial standards.
- Establish and develop business relationships with project personnel to facilitate open communication and improve the reconciliation process.
- Perform reconciliation duties daily between internal and/or external records, as assigned.
- Identify, investigate and understand all discrepancies.
- Communicate and escalate discrepancies to the appropriate parties for resolution.
- Follow up with internal parties to ensure timely resolution of outstanding items.
- Responsible for overall project administration in areas of records management, document control, office administration, office services and administrative requirements.
- Assist with the development and review of RFD documents, particularly submission requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- 2-3 years’ experience in the use of relational data base systems
- Advanced Excel knowledge including: Macros, Power Pivot, VLOOKUPS etc. (Knowledge of VBA is an asset).
- They will possess advanced analytical skills to understand and interpret data, identify trends and be able to translate such data into visual/graphic representations that simplify and clarify the messaging.
- The data analyst must have an eye for designing and producing strong visually understandable reports and presentations.
- Able to establish and maintain healthy working relationships with peers and superiors and operates effectively at all levels of the company.
- Strong commitment to making sure deadlines are maintained and achieved while ensuring accuracy and completeness of information.
- Able to multi-task with efficiency; self-starter.
If you believe this is the perfect role for you, send you resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org