Corporate Controller / Finance Manager – Calgary, AB
by Executive Solutions | 12.02.20 | 15:41
Our well established, Calgary based client is looking for a natural leader to join their family in the position of Corporate Controller/Finance Manager. Reporting directly to the CFO/COO you will be accountable for all aspects of the accounting and finance department; implementation/upgrade of systems, and policies & procedures, corporate reporting, coach and mentor the team to levels they’ve not dreamed of, and act as a business partner and key member of the management team.
- Manage, mentor and lead the accounting/finance department; with the goal of building a cohesive, collaborative team of professionals.
- Take on the role of Project Manager on the ERP system upgrades and developments; always keeping an eye on how to improve and move forward.
- Review, document and revamp current processes.
- Work with the team to instill a professional and courteous approach to ALL customer interactions (internal and external).
- Become a key cog in the wheel that is the management team.
- Supervise, coach and develop the accounting staff to the point where they are reaching goals they hadn’t thought possible.
- Create and implement best business practices as they relate to accounting/finance.
- Become a key contact to third parties; building, developing and strong relationships that will put the company at the forefront.
- Ensuring accounting reporting systems meet the needs and requirements of the Sr. management team.
- Manage KPIs and ensure they are being met – if they aren’t you will work with the team to achieve them.
- CPA Designation.
- 10- 15 years’ experience.
- You will bring a level of energy not typically associated with accountants.
- Continuous learner – you are the type who wants to continue to build their knowledge base.
- Leadership skills: you manage by open communication and welcome collaboration.
If you meet the qualifications set out above, live in the Calgary area and are legally eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship please forward your credentials: email@example.com