Controller/VP Accounting & Admin – Calgary, AB
by Executive Solutions | 05.04.21 | 9:28
Reporting to the President, in this role you will be responsible for the Company’s overall financial management, reporting, and controls. As the leader of the Finance team, you will excel in a dynamic environment with an emphasis on collaboration and, professional and personal development. Success in this role requires a high level of accuracy and competency in analyzing financial information while staying on top of the day to day requirements, you’ll also have exceptional people skills (you’re more of an extrovert than an introvert).
- Perform the day-to-day accounting functions for the Company and its various project partnerships.
- Prepare the necessary budgets, financial forecasts, and project cost to complete, etc.
- Prepare the monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements and reports to be sent to for external accounting review.
- Conduct appropriate analysis of the general ledger, all financial reports, and job costing for several entities.
- Prepare the annual information schedules for projects partnership and reporting purposes.
- Directing the Company’s accounts receivables and payables, monitor and manage cashflow.
- Conducting the Company’s banking activities and those involving any other lenders.
- Submitting and coordinating all GST payments and receivables with CRA.
- Providing operating and field personnel with strong financial management support on an on-going basis.
- Tracking and coordinating construction draws
- Manage company’s insurance requirements
In addition, the Controller is expected to demonstrate initiative in seeking ways to improve the Company’s financial project management capabilities and months of financial analysis, reporting, and controls. The end goal is to ensure that the Company continues as a high-performing leader in the industry.
- Designated CPA, or near completion. (or relevant experience, an asset but not a requirement)
- EXCELLENT interpersonal skills. Must be comfortable working with people at all levels and from all walks of life.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Superior attention to detail, ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Advanced Excel and QuickBooks skills.
- Previous experience with a Home Builder, Multi-Family builder, Land Development Construction company would be a definite asset.
If you meet the criteria set out above, live in the Calgary area and are legally eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship please send in your resume: firstname.lastname@example.org