Construction Project Manager – Multi-Family/Commercial
by Executive Solutions | 21.03.19 | 14:05
As Project Manager you will be responsible initially for overseeing the construction of Condominium Projects (as assigned), from pre-construction and awarding of contracts to completion.
You will bring a minimum of five (5) years’ experience as a Project Manager on Commercial and/or Multi-Family condo projects. You must have ground up construction experience and have either worked for a high-end Developer or General Contractor completing similar multi-functional projects.
As the successful candidate you will have a solid understanding on the pre-construction process along with a relevant technical education. This is a demanding role that requires you to have knowledge of all construction disciplines, cost control, scheduling and safety regulations.
Job responsibilities include:
- Responsibility for hiring and managing employees, as well as management of trade contractors and materials
- Project scheduling, budgeting site finances/cost estimates or projections and will monitor all aspects of the construction progress
- Ensuring safe work conditions
- Overseeing the construction of assigned construction projects
- Ensuring that all construction projects are designed, constructed and completed in accordance with goals established by the company
- Preparing and/or reviewing bid specifications and all necessary permits
- Tracking Change Orders, Submittal and Requests for Information (R.F.I.)
- Determining need for reviews/amendments and approves Change Orders on design and/or construction projects
- Meeting with and working with clients to review proposed projects and activities, address questions and comments and educate clients on the scope of work
The ideal candidate will:
- Bring a minimum of five years’ experience in multi-functional -multi-family & commercial – project construction
- Be customer focused with the ability to clearly and professionally communicate with our clients as projects progress
- Possess strong technical skills coupled with the ability to communicate effectively with clients, architects, trade contractors and employees
- Own a strong desire to ensure client satisfaction while delivering projects within the specified budget and time-frame
- Have the ability to manage multiple projects, use prudent judgment when setting priorities and make sound decisions under pressure are MUST haves
- Conduct periodic field job walks to ensure quality and consistency with company construction practices.
- Showcase their proven ability to deliver projects on time and within budget
- Possess technical understanding of residential construction codes, sequencing, and best building practices
- Constantly strive for improvement in workforce performance, including a strong focus on worksite safety.
- Bring knowledge and experience with scheduling and supervision of employees, trade contractors, and materials.
- Create and maintain project schedules and complete required paperwork promptly to ensure accurate record-keeping.
- Have strong and thorough communication style, with the ability to adapt to the needs of clients as it relates to cost and scheduling deadlines and the impact of changes to the project timeline.
Bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction management or building science would be a definite asset
If you meet the requirements set out about, are currently living in the Calgary area and are legally eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship, we want to hear from you! firstname.lastname@example.org