Construction/Architectural Coordinator – Custom Home Builder
by Executive Solutions | 26.04.19 | 9:02
Our client, a high-end custom home builder, is in search of a Construction/Architectural Coordinator to support their growing team. This unique position offers a tremendous growth opportunity for a motivated, ambitious and flexible individual. As an integral part of the project team, you will be responsible for planning, coordinating and executing project plans under the supervision of the project manager.
As the Construction/Architectural Coordinator your responsibilities will include:
- Providing administrative and clerical support to the Site Manager and site staff
- Replying to customer inquiries within a timely manner
- Maintaining project start-up systems and procedures
- Processing invoices and progress claims and assists with the review of documents and inquiries
- Coordinating the change order management process by securing pricing from the vendor/subcontractor, reviewing and inputting the data for project manager review, submitting change requests for approval and following through with subcontract change orders/purchase orders as directed
- Tracking project milestones; assists with the maintenance of the project schedule and baseline schedule
- Preparing project close outs; collect warranties, O&M manuals and occupancy documents; creates turnover documents, demobilizes site and archives documents
- General clerical support including answering phones, ordering building material/supplies, preparing and/or distributing documents, data entry, photocopying, faxing and filing.
In order to be considered for this role you will bring the following qualifications:
- One to two years’ experience with a home builder, construction company or architectural firm.
- STRONG organizational and planning skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Degree or Diploma in Architecture or related field
- Working knowledge of construction documents, drawings, specifications and current construction practices and methodology
- Coordination of Design Development and Construction documentation preferred
- Knowledge of architectural design & detailing
- Strong knowledge of related computer software such as AutoCAD & MS Office
- Able to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple project stakeholders and interpret their needs
- Capable of identifying issues and generating solutions in moderately complex situations
- Willingness to contribute actively in team discussions, sharing experiences and ideas
If you meet the requirements set out above, live in the Calgary area and are legally eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship we want to hear from you! firstname.lastname@example.org