Communications, Marketing & Event Coordinator – Calgary, AB
by Executive Solutions | 27.09.21 | 16:53
Our client, located in Calgary’s SE, is a private, not-for-profit Residents’ Association is adding to their team; if you are a Communications, Community/Public Relations, or Marketing/Advertising Graduate this might just be a GREAT opportunity for you!
Reporting to the General Manager, the Communications, Marketing, and Events Coordinator is responsible for all aspects of communications on behalf of the Community Council and its Board of Directors. This position is responsible for the communication to community residents through various types of media, company website and directly at the community hall. The Communications, Marketing, and Events Coordinator is also responsible for creating and maintaining relationships with stakeholders, liaising with sponsors and supporting the company’s key messages.
The Communications, Marketing & Events Coordinator is responsible for:
- Overseeing event operations: budget, annual event schedule, event reviews and planning, marketing and communications. (Occasional weekend & evenings required)
- Creating content, managing and monitoring of the website, lobby TV, digital sign, social media, community publications, and e-newsletter.
- Liaising with community members and stakeholders, groups or clubs interested in partnerships or community initiatives.
- Ensuring that brand visual standards are set and being followed – clothing, SWAG, all documents, and content.
- Writing, creating and editing all content (print and web), MTC documents and forms, as well as those produced by staff.
- Managing the application and submission process for grant funding on behalf of the community
- Ensuring compliance with CASL
- Creating monthly reports
- Managing sponsorship programs – liaising with and recruiting sponsors.
- Supporting and facilitating communication needs from fellow staff
- Managing all job postings
- Assisting with company functions: Annual General Meeting, Annual Fee communications, and ad hoc events
- Post-secondary education in Communications, Community/Public Relations, Marketing/Advertising.
- Three to five years of relevant experience
- Experience in overseeing social, cultural, recreational programming and services, is an asset
- Strong organization and multi-tasking skills
- Working knowledge of recreation administration software is an asset (Ivrnet Central)
- Ensure the full utilization of the website with accurate and current information
- Social media – Content creation, community management and reporting for mediums such as Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Problem-solving, negotiation and conflict resolution skills are required with proven interpersonal, public relations, presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Current CPR level C & First Aid; Criminal record check is required
- Valid Alberta driver’s license
- Strong knowledge of Adobe and MS suite eg, Illustrator, Photoshop, MS Publisher, Outlook, Excel, Facebook, Instagram
If you meet the criteria set out above, live in the Calgary area, and are legally eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship, please apply: firstname.lastname@example.org