Canadian Immigration Lawyer – Calgary, AB
by Executive Solutions | 10.12.18 | 15:41
Our client, a progressive boutique law firm specializing in Canadian and U.S. immigration law, representing multinational corporations, individuals, and families, is looking for an immigration lawyer with five to seven years’ experience in immigration law in a corporate law firm environment with significant experience in the areas of LMIA, Work Permits, Visitor Visas, Permanent Residence, PNPs, Citizenship and Rehabilitation, and all areas of Canadian immigration law. The ideal candidate will bring the ability and experience to oversee and manage a great team of junior lawyers, paralegals and immigration consultants.
- Process immigration applications and provide counsel on difficult and new cases.
- Determine the appropriate category to apply and provide legal advice on the most efficient category to obtain the required immigration status.
- Attend client meetings and telephone conferences.
- Demonstrate strong oral advocacy and troubleshooting skills when clients have difficulty at port-of-entry.
- Remain up to date with changes to Canadian immigration law and advise others of these changes.
- Prepare presentations for corporate clients.
- Ensure precedents are correct and up to date according to changes in immigration law.
- Research areas of law and draft memorandum for senior business immigration lawyers.
- Conduct client management via telephone, meetings, and email correspondence.
- Propose plan of action or appropriate immigration category for senior lawyer.
- Manage law clerks and other client service team members, work independently without owner’s direct involvement.
- Law Degree with five to seven years of experience, and a Canadian Call to the Bar or U.S. License.
- Broad exposure to Canadian or U.S. immigration law.
- Must be a Canadian licensed lawyer. A U.S. license is a plus, but not essential.
- Strong understanding of immigration law and policy.
- Superior organizational skills, attention to detail and communications skills.
- Top rate legal research, writing skills, and aptitude for complex legal analysis.
- Ability to manage many cases simultaneously in a fast-paced work environment.
- Track record of respectfully engaging with clients from a variety of cultural and economic backgrounds.
- You are creative, innovative and strategic in your approach to assisting your clients.
- You are effective and efficient in your production of high quality work.
- You want to work in a systems-oriented law firm with efficient turnaround on cases.
- You desire a competitive base salary, PTO, and benefits so that you are highly compensated.
- You are willing to work within current systems to facilitate fast, high-level results.
- You are results-oriented and a problem solver.
- You are a lawyer who is highly experienced and independent in their work ethic; a motivated self-starter with a sense of urgency and excellent client management skills.
- You welcome the opportunity to supervise the legal team (junior lawyers, consultants, paralegals, and administrative staff).
- You are outgoing and personable.
If you meet the requirements and traits set out above please forward your CV to:email@example.com