Business Development Manager – Calgary, AB
by Executive Solutions | 06.12.19 | 10:17
We are looking for a very dynamic Business Development Manager with a 5-10 years’ experience as a true HUNTER within the IT industry. The focus of our client’s business is providing solid, reliable and appropriate IT solutions to the SME sector; assisting clients to reach their full potential!
As a Business Development Manager (HUNTER) the expectation is that you have an internal DRIVE to meet targets and, ideally, blow them out of the water! You are innately organized, motivated and a keen networker with the ability to build relationships that will positively impact the company’s business development goals. You bring a solid understanding and knowledge of the IT Services & Products industry.
What success looks like:
- Leveraging the company’s experience and expertise to assist both existing and prospective clients in their goals.
- Hunting and Farming of prospective client relationships.
- Providing support to marketing and sales efforts with existing clients, including exploring opportunities to sell new and expanded service offerings
- Research and assessment of fit of networking and trade show opportunities, from a BD perspective, that will enable the company to continue to build their reputation in the Calgary market – you will assume a leadership role to plan and attend any of these relevant networking opportunities.
- Responsibility to lead, develop and achieve monthly and annual sales objectives and targets.
- An aptitude for developing and maintaining detailed knowledge of the company’s products, services and business approach as well as competitors’ activity and offerings
- Experience in the IT industry is mandatory as is strong technical product knowledge.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- A university degree or college diploma in business administration, commerce, marketing; a combination of relevant academic and practical experience may be considered.
- A minimum of 5-10 years of experience in a similar business development, or sales role within the technology industry.
- Previous experience developing and executing tactical sales plans.
- A reputation and history of exceeding established quotas and account objectives.
- A solid network of industry influences and the ability to acquire and maintain strong new contacts of influential industry leaders.
- Sharp business acumen, drive, ambition and the ability to work collaboratively with the aptitude for holding others accountable.
- Strong negotiating skills; a knack for effectively turning objections into buy-ins and a reputation for maneuvering through business obstacles.
If you meet the criteria set out above, live in the Calgary area and are legally eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship please forward your resume: email@example.com