Assistant Controller (Manufacturing) – Calgary, AB
by Executive Solutions | 17.09.21 | 17:28
Reporting to the Controller, you will assist in the accounting and finance functions: supervision of the finance team (AP, AR, payroll and an intermediate accountant), preparing financial reports, maintaining general ledger accounts and preparing or reviewing of financial statements.
- 10+ years accounting experience
- Accounting designation (CPA, CA, CGA)
- Degree in Accounting from a recognized North American post-secondary institution
- Experience working with a mid to large cap private company with multi-currency subsidiaries
- Public accounting experience would be an asset, but not mandatory
- Working knowledge of cost accounting in manufacturing
- Activity Based Costing
- Excellent controllership and technical accounting skills
- Ability to proactively identify and understand issues/problems
- Strong process improvement skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to make complex issues and processes clear and understandable to key stakeholders and decision makers
- Excellent advanced Word and Excel skills, comfortable working with large volumes of data
- Self-motivated problem solver
- Relentless focus on high quality results, attention to detail, and operational excellence
- Strong people leader and team player with ability to motivate teams as well as partner and work with all business units and operations.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Enthusiastic and committed to getting the job done while meeting deadlines in a fast paced, high-performing environment. Willing to “roll up sleeves” and focus on execution and meeting challenging targets
- Oversee and manage the month-end/quarter-end close process and ensure that it is performed timely and accurately, with process improvements identified and implemented
- Oversee, manage and review the preparation of the quarterly and annual Consolidated Financial Statements and Management Discussion and Analysis (MD&A).
- Oversee, manage and review corporate accounting work papers, including but not limited to consolidation files, EBITDA summary, cash flow proof, trial balance, intercompany eliminations, journal entries.
- Oversee, manage and review corporate Balance Sheet.
- Oversee, manage and review consolidated results and perform follow up with divisional operations teams on accounting variances / issues as required.
Controls and processes
- Support controls implementation within corporate. Review, monitor and implement corporate controls. Enforce implementation of controls.
- Improve and streamline group and corporate policies, controls and processes through use of technology. Introduce new tools as needed. Drive efficiencies in existing processes.
- Actively analyze, identify, propose, implement and coordinate areas of improvement to all accounting processes. Actively determine gaps and root causes of issues and develop gap resolutions.
- Drive a culture of continual improvement through the team and the broader Finance area and look for opportunities to streamline and automate processes
If you meet the criteria set out above please forward your resume: firstname.lastname@example.org