Assistant – Calgary, AB
by Executive Solutions | 05.03.20 | 8:46
Are you enthusiastic, driven, and vibrant? Looking for a role like no other, where you will have the opportunity to be involved in all aspects of making a small, local, socially responsible business thrive? Do you have an innate sense of wanting to take care of others, making things run smoothly? If you’ve answered “YES!” to all of these questions, we may just have the opportunity of a lifetime for you!
Our client is a small Calgary based company whose owner needs to find her “Emily Charlton”, “Peggy Olsen”, “Pepper Pots” or “Donna Paulsen”. As her assistant you will be tasked with a plethora of tasks and responsibilities and rewarded with working for an exciting, socially conscious, environmentally sustainable skin care company.
The attributes you will bring to the company and the role will include:
- A meticulous eye for the details – “Nothing” gets by you!
- A strong personality – You aren’t afraid to speak your mind, balanced with respect and the ability to know when to step back
- Natural “smarts” – We’re talking emotional intelligence, combined with common sense. You were the one in school who seemed to always pull of the grades!
- Forward thinking – You anticipate the needs of the owner and are able to maneuver the various tasks and responsibilities with ease; proactively managing larger projects to avoid chaos and crisis. You balance spending time with non-urgent, but important tasks, moving the business forward rather than waiting for things to become urgent
- Calm and Centered – You are the preverbal duck on water. You know how to manage conflicting deadlines while remaining calm and have an ability to put others around you at ease too.
- Communicative – You know how to spin words to tell a story.
- Confident – You know you do good work but you also know how to take feedback on that work.
- Well Presented – There will be times where you will need to be the “face of the company” in the owner’s absence – you need to be able to “work a room”, speak confidently about the product and carry yourself like an owner.
- Prioritize like a boss – You will need to manage conflicting deadlines and we need you to be able to stick handle getting it all done, or managing the expectations at the very least.
- Social Media savvy – You know what makes a GREAT post and you are able to capture the energy of an event and relay the story.
- Caring & Kind – You have an innate desire to make sure your boss is well cared for (fed, watered, de-stressed, etc.) Sometimes this might mean “tricking” her into some self-care.
- Entrepreneurial spirit – You see your role as an extension of the business and have an “ownership” mentality; you are invested!
A snapshot of the challenges our client will offer in this role:
- Overall “Office Management” – from reception to persona/executive assistance, from shipping/receiving & purchasing/vendor management to accounts receivables and accounts payables – you will have your fingers in all of it!
- Calendar Management – both personal and professional. You will ensure conflicts are mitigated BEFORE they become an issue.
- Travel Arrangements – this will include local, national and international bookings.
- Manage Product Demonstrations – Schedule and Coordinate demonstrations and demo team members
- Event Planning – Four Calgary events per year. This will include venue identification and booking, catering, marketing, etc.
- Writing – From reports to grant applications, developing presentations for speaking engagements to social media messaging
- Personal and professional support – You will be ingrained in the professional and the personal life of the owner; you need to be okay with both.
If you meet what we are looking for, live in the Calgary area and are legally eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship, we want to hear from you! Submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org