Administrative Assistant – Calgary , AB
by Executive Solutions | 02.01.20 | 11:45
Our legal client practices in corporate and commercial litigation, secured transactions (personal property and mortgage financing), and wills and estates. They are seeking to hire an Administrative Assistant who will be a core member of our client’s 3-lawyer legal services team, with a view to a long-term relationship.
- Assisting lawyers with court filings, managing those court filing deadlines and coordination of hearing dates;
- Assisting in preparation of exhibit binders for depositions, hearings and trials, and managing the case calendar with an eye on deadlines;
- Developing and maintaining filing systems; opening and organizing client files including managing limitation periods;
- Managing calendars, coordinating meetings and making travel arrangements;
- Assisting with client billings, preparing invoices and account letters, and preparing expense reports;
- Maintaining up to date records including client contact information;
- Transcribing dictation via Olympus transcription software;
- Consistently uphold standards of confidentiality;
- Providing reception and administrative support;
- Aiding attorneys with client intake;
- Filing hard copies of documents as well as maintain the electronic document system;
- Exceptional client service standards.
- Legal Assistant Diploma from an accredited college is preferred but will consider candidates with suitable experience administrative as an alternative;
- Experience in commercial litigation assistance is an asset;
- Strong administrative and organizational skills;
- Self-starter with an ability to identify, take charge of and manage administrative tasks with minimal supervision;
- Software Knowledge (essential to have or rapidly obtain): PCLaw, transcribing dictation (Olympus), Word, Excel, and Outlook;
- Software Knowledge (desired – training will be provided): Amicus Attorney, Woldox, GoTo Meeting and Eclipse SE.
If you meet all of the requirements listed above and believe this will be a role you will thrive in, send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org