Executive Assistant – Calgary, AB
by Executive Solutions | 11.06.21 | 11:05
Our client is in search of an Executive Assistant to join their fast-paced, dynamic, and collaborative team. Reporting to the VP Operations, the Executive Assistant will take on the following duties:
- Provide general administrative support to the VP Operations.
- Provide sporadic administrative support to the President and the VP Technology.
- Assist in planning Board and Strategic Meetings (tracking attendees, planning, and coordinating the overall logistics) and consolidating Meeting Packages.
- Assist in planning and executing annual in person or virtual events.
- Venue search/booking, food and beverage;
- Hotels and Transportation;
- IT requirements;
- Planning and coordinating the overall event logistics;
- Managing the event through their Event Management System (Event Rebels) by keeping event contact list up to date, creating the event agendas, save the date email, formal invitation, event reminders, tracking attendees, creating name tags, post event surveys, etc.
- Take detailed minutes in the Meetings (Board and Audit & Finance Meetings).
- Assist the VP Operations on the company Social Media (LinkedIn and Twitter) by identifying potential postings and monitoring monthly activity.
- Assist the VP Operations on keeping all the information on their website up to date by identifying any dated information that needs to be updated.
- Search for any potential Management or Event related tools to facilitate and improve our current processes.
- Performing administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning, updating files, etc.
- Create expense reports for the executives.
- Submit the RBC express payables month end report.
- Process payments of expenses, wire and account transfers through online banking; request approval via email and Adobe Sign.
- Submit timely reports and prepare presentations/documents as assigned.
- Order and look for promotional items when needed.
- Back up shared server files monthly.
- Courier/Post letters and packages.
- Pick up, sort, and distribute mail.
- Maintain supplies inventory by checking stock to maintain the appropriate inventory level, anticipating needed supplies and order office supplies when needed
- 2+ years of administrative support.
- Sound judgment, strong degree of autonomy and ability to independently make decisions while maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to thrive in the “difficult”
- Resourceful and creative in your approach to meshing past technologies with those of today.
- Experience anticipating the needs of the Executives, planning ahead, with the ability to be take things off their plate.
- Effective prioritization and execute multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to prepare well-written and articulate correspondence on behalf of the Executives.
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to meet tight deadlines and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility with the capacity to embrace frequent change.
- Proficient computer skills including strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Teams, Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point)
- Ability to inspire trust by demonstrating discretion when dealing with highly confidential interactions with the Executive team.
- Advanced professional, interpersonal and customer service skills supported by excellent verbal and written communication skills.
If this role sounds perfect to you, and you meet all of the requirements above, we would love to hear from you! Send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org